Why do I hate anything other than a Tele headstock on a Tele?

Beakertwang

He probably thought he was being clever. His friends don't love him enough to tell him he's a douche.

gmann

'Cause it's the natural way of things. Been that way since '50. I used to think Tele Deluxes looked weird with the Strat headstocks and never gave them much consideration. Now I know they are cool guitars, very cool actually IMO anyway, but I still think they look weird. Someone here on TGP posted a pic of his Deluxe and it had the standard headstock, said it came that way when he bought it. It looks right! You just get used to lookin' at things certain way I guess. I don't like Nashville Teles for that reason, just don't look right with 3 pups.

AuroraTide

I like a reverse Jackson style headstock on some teles. Like the one Izzy plays in the Sweet Child (I think!) video. The Fernandes Tej series has it too.

geek-mo

Silver Supporting Member
A Telecaster is a guitar that is so ugly that it's beautiful. Without the traditional Tele headstock, it's just not quite ugly enough to be beautiful.

Does that help?

Sean French

It's what we are familiar with. Same goes for a LP with me.
I believe most of us are traditionalists when it comes to guitars.

I tend to think this way as well, unless of course someone wants to give me a Trini Lopez 335.

I can make an exception...

buddastrat

I like the CBS head on a tele. and a strat for that matter!

Not into the turtle head, but I have put my nocaster neck on my strat cuz it's such a sweet neck.

dporto

I always wanted a Strat with a Tele headstock (Jimi used to have one) - always thought it was a cool look...So I built one. It just about always generates comments (both bad and good):aok

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
This made a lot more sense before the pic of a ridiculous headstock was removed from the thread!!!
You're new.
You can delete your own individual post when things go astray, as they will, from time to time, and it can maintain one's credibility to do so.

Trending Topics