Why Do I Hate Colored Tolex Amps?

kush06

I took some better shots of my custom colored amps (above), and as promissed, here's the latest, which I call "Gulf."

hb_alt-color_gulf-800.JPG

THAT....is freakin awesome!!!

getbent

I was at a friend's house a couple of weeks ago helping him finish his deck and two other guys from his work were there too... They were on the other side putting down the decking while I was laying out the stairs/rail etc... they were kind of constantly bickering...one kind of dominating the other and insisting that he needed things done a certain way.....

"I don't know why, but I just kind of need things done the way I need them done." The first guys says....

"Have you considered you might just be kind of a dick?" the second guy replied... I was roaring (silently)... the homeowner (my neighbor came out to total silence, kind of looks around and says, "who needs a beer?"

people like what they like. probably nobody can tell you why you like (or don't like) different things....

it is your thing man.... adjust it, don't adjust it... just don't make it my thing.

jeff25

Well,I WAS going to say that extreme colors make gear look like toys, but there's some bad-azz amps here!

bluesjuke

Disrespected Elder
I'm a black, dark brown, tweed type guy and I will admit to passing on amps in the Emporium due to their color.

Am I the only one that won't buy an amp that's red, purple, green, etc? Several nice amps have been on the emporioum lately that I would have bought if only they were black or blonde. Don't people understand that ordering amps and cabs in colored tolex limits their resale exposure?

I don't see anything wrong with different coloured tolex on amplifiers & speaker cabinets.

My amps and cabs are all covered in black tolex, but that is just coincidental. I think I make up for it by having a mix of different coloured effects pedals and patch cables.

Dr Doom

I like the concept of making them very dark grey/black because they kind of fade into the background better and put more visual emphasis on the band. Although its kind of neat when the amps match the guitar!

yeah, an amp shouldn't stand out like a sore thumb on stage. a flamboyantly colored amp looks great at home in the living room, but for stage use, a dark color is best.

masliko

Am I the only one that won't buy an amp that's red, purple, green, etc? Several nice amps have been on the emporioum lately that I would have bought if only they were black or blonde. Don't people understand that ordering amps and cabs in colored tolex limits their resale exposure?
RACIST!

Top Bottom