• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Why do I ‘need’ a Revstar?

RichSZ

Gold Supporting Member
I have a RSP20CR. Fantastic guitar in every sense of the word. I did, however have to run through 4 of them to find one that wasn't too heavy. Each one that I played was great right out f the box. The VH7 pickups are some of the best pickups I have ever played. I've spent countless dollars on cork-sniffer and production pickups alike, these are #1. #1 because they can grind but because they are also very articulate, its the best of both worlds.

The neck is slimmer than I normally like (smaller than my R9 and my PRS Bernie) but the combination of the neck shape, fretboard radius and frets make it play super comfortable.

I have yet to post pics and a review because I wanted time with this guitar before I do. I'm at just about 6 weeks and the honeymoon is still going.

Yes, you kind of do need one....

Jisatsu

I own an SG standard, but I still bought a revstar rs320. Why? I wanted a beater guitar that I could put hot pickups in and locking tuners and not feel bad about it.

Works great. Out the door for a new guitar/pickups/tuners was just shy of $400. Love it. Thing plays and sounds great. The lightweight nato body even sounds good acoustically. Definitely one of my better impulse buys. It gets about 90% of my play time.

bean

Silver Supporting Member
Pass on the Revstar and pick up a Reverend Sensei.
I had one of these as well, and if I had to choose between the Revstar and Sensei it would be the Reverend all the way. It's a really fine guitar. Excellent pickups.

teletalkin

Gold Supporting Member
I have a RSP20CR. Fantastic guitar in every sense of the word. I did, however have to run through 4 of them to find one that wasn't too heavy. Each one that I played was great right out f the box. The VH7 pickups are some of the best pickups I have ever played. I've spent countless dollars on cork-sniffer and production pickups alike, these are #1. #1 because they can grind but because they are also very articulate, its the best of both worlds.

The neck is slimmer than I normally like (smaller than my R9 and my PRS Bernie) but the combination of the neck shape, fretboard radius and frets make it play super comfortable.

I have yet to post pics and a review because I wanted time with this guitar before I do. I'm at just about 6 weeks and the honeymoon is still going.

Yes, you kind of do need one....
I too have a RSP20CR that is fantastic. Really like the dry switch.

Because the SG obviously isn't giving you what you want, as fine as it may be. Maybe you fell for the allure only to find it wasn't your allure or maybe you drank the ambrosia and it wasn't intoxicating enough....

When you find your muse, you'll know.
Terrible advice. That's a sure way down the rat hole. With that logic I have 10 muses now.

SciFlyer

I have a 502T. I really like the pickups. Neck is super comfortable. Excellent guitar overall.

Switters

What is wrong with my brain?

I have an SG that I love. Why isn’t that enough?

Do you have these issues? Why can’t I just play the completely fine and awesome guitars I have and stop spending hours of time obsessing over the Revstar 502t?

I mean, I’m even going to buy it new, which I never do. It makes no sense.
OP here, with a sweet update;

So, my best friend since childhood surprised me with a black RS502T for my birthday. Absolutely blown away.
I have spent a few hours with the guitar now, and am incredibly impressed with it. It sounds and feels amazing. I won’t go into full review mode just yet.
I have to say, for a guitar I will be keeping the rest of my life, I have no reservations at all.

Stoked.

AlanH

Congrats on the new axe.

Do you play in a band? I'm in my late 40s and it's taken me over 30 years to get round to joining a band - a function band. I've been on various forums over the years and they all fuel GAS but joining a band gives you a completely different perspective. You start to look at things very pragmatically. It's now all about what I need rather than what I want. Mulfi-functional guitars, modesty and simplicity in the amps and pedals department is the name if the game for me now. I've also been shocked at how you can make a clean Line 6 amp at the rehearsal room sound like a valve amp that can emulate a huge range of guitar styles with just a few cheap pedals and good technique to reproduce how the original artist played the song. This flies against what "the internet" says you need....

Ok, further to my recent post I now have traded back the 420 for a 720B. So I now own a 620 and 720B. These are really, really great guitars. You don't need an excuse to buy one. Or two. I just need to get a couple of hard cases; the Yamaha gig bags are ok, but...