Why do the Beatles ALWAYS take #1 spot in any all time best song/ record list ?

DGDGBD

Without dissing the Beatles, as I'm a huge fan, I'm not so sure that they ALWAYS do. For example, over the years when the new york classic rock stations would run the top 500 songs (or whatever number) of all-time as voted by the listeners, the top song was almost always Layla or Stairway.

teleman1

Silver Supporting Member
Why do you feel cold when its 20 degrees? Why is the sky blue on most summer days in Arizona? Why does your hand burn when you grasp a hot coal?

JohnK24

Silver Supporting Member
I they certainly don't come onto my radar...don't care for them. The reason they make a list as they've been marketed more than the Super Bowl. They also were popular during a of a huge chunk of time in the baby boomer era, so those folks hold onto those memories and thus the poll/top of list results. To me they were a jangly pop band, then they got into drugs and well...blaah...

ymmv

No other band can compare. Some come close, such as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and The Rolling Stones, but surpassing The Beatles? Won't happen.

EricPeterson

I they certainly don't come onto my radar...don't care for them. The reason they make a list as they've been marketed more than the Super Bowl. They also were popular during a of a huge chunk of time in the baby boomer era, so those folks hold onto those memories and thus the poll/top of list results. To me they were a jangly pop band, then they got into drugs and well...blaah...

ymmv

I dont think the baby boomers have that much to do with it, I am 23 and my mother and father were never huge fans of theirs and I was in my teens I came across them and had to have every recording, my favorite songs of theirs ever get played on the radio, I dont think it is media or marketing it is just plain amazing music, I agree that the early stuff doesnt do as much for me, but from rubber soul on they didnt have a bum track in my opinion. Sheer genius. when you consider the time that they turned all that out from about 1965-1970 they released Rubber soul, Revolver, Magical Mystry Tour, St. Peppers, The White Album, Abby Road and Let it Be, all monstorus in thier own right it is hard to say why they are not the best.

Trending Topics