• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Why does everyone seem to own an Fulltone OCD?

fishlog

Silver Supporting Member
It seems like everyone has one...

Do I get rid of My Diamond J Drive to own one? Or am I just having GAS

James

Everyone must have one. It's a law. (I have two just to be on the safe side.)

Original_Fire

Because they're wonderful pedals! I had one, pretty much regret getting rid of it, but had a wonderful time with it while I had it. Not played the Diamond you're talking about, but they sound very awesome from demo's I've heard.
I guess the answer to your question would be found in what it is you want out of your drive box. I had a version 1.2 OCD, very open, loud and amplike. VERY sensitive to dynamics (goes with it being amplike), and I felt like it cooperated with other effects very well. I recommend them to anyone, but, if you like what you have just chalk it up to GAS and play your guitar :AOK.

MrMunky

Gold Supporting Member
I think there's actually only one OCD pedal. That one pedal has passed through the hands of almost everyone. If you haven't had it yet, your time will come.

Presc

I have one, a v3. I just can't get along with it. I get what everyone is talking about in terms of the "feel" of the pedal - it is certainly very responsive to pick attack and dynamics, much moreso than any other pedal I have played. Great feel aside, I don't think it actually sounds that good. Its kind of fizzy, and while it has lots of bass which is nice for low gain on the higher gain (above noon) it gets mushy and undefined. I really want to like it but it doesn't seem to work for my style and/or rig.

Lolaviola

Silver Supporting Member
The Diamond seems like "pretty much" the same thing but w/ lots more control.

If you really want a simpler pedal, maybe.

You don't "need" a pedal because "everyone" has one. (they don't!)

That said, OCD's are cheep. I like mine. I use it for a "Marshall" sound. (think jcm800)

I've decided it's a good-enough pedal for that sound. Now Go play.

VHS analog

The OCD is SO damn useful because it can cover alot of ground, but it's not perfect. They will react very differently depending on your amp/guitar/stage volume. I had the V.3. It's really just a tricked out Rat pedal and I wish I had it back.

stryker59

Silver Supporting Member
i love the damn thing!! i use it more like a boost with the volume up and the distortion down, i love the extra kick and beef it gives...

playthecray

Silver Supporting Member
Don't sweat it. I think the pedal is over-rated. It cleans up nice with the guitar volume, but a lot other overdrive pedals also have that inherent quality. For roughly $30.00 less you can buy a Barber Direct Drive or MI Audio Crunch Box which in my opinion are better pedals.

KBN

The Diamond seems like "pretty much" the same thing but w/ lots more control.

If you really want a simpler pedal, maybe.

You don't "need" a pedal because "everyone" has one. (they don't!)

That said, OCD's are cheep. I like mine. I use it for a "Marshall" sound. (think jcm800)

I've decided it's a good-enough pedal for that sound. Now Go play.
The J-drive and the OCD are nothing like each other beyond both being overdrive pedals.

thesjkexperienc

^^^ I made this guitar^^^
It is fantastic sounding and works as a dirty boost into a driven amp or can do the OD into a clean or driven amp. At full drive into my DR Z it sounds like I am playing through a 4x12 and not a single 12. It is reasonably priced as well.

Trending Topics