Why does it have to be so damn sexy?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by GAD, Feb 6, 2012.

1. GAD

GAD Wubbalubbadubdub Silver Supporting Member

About once a year, I decide to sell off my Guild X170T. I pull it out, clean it up, put on new strings, take pics, play it, and decide to keep it. Why does it have to be so damn sexy?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I look forward to the well deserved mocking regarding the fingerprints. :)

It's not for sale. If it was, it would be in the emporium - as per the rules, so please don't ask.

I really don't play it since my Setzer Gretsch SSLVO get's all the orange guitar duties. It's a crime to keep the Guild in my closet. It was very nice outside today, so I pulled it all out, took pics, and then played it for over an hour.

I hunted for it for a long time, so it pains me to let it go. Just like the near mint S300A-D that sits next to it. That Bassman is another joy, but it has never made the "sell" list. :)

2. treeofpain

treeofpain Silver Supporting Member

That is a cool guitar. Not what you wanted to hear?

3. musicofanatic5

musicofanatic5 Supporting Member

Dunno, but after referring to it as sexy, I was pleased to see you also referring to it as IT, instead of she or her!

4. tsar nicholas

tsar nicholas Member

5. jpervin

jpervin Member

That Guild is too sexy for the emporium. So's the Bassman. And, since they're both too sexy for the emporium (or any buy/sell/trade 'emporium' for that matter), you might as well keep 'em and play 'em.

There's your answer right there! :)

6. CyberFerret

CyberFerret Member

That IS a very nice guitar... Tell you what - in 12 months, to save you from going through the whole rigmarole, I will just PM you a purchase order and deposit funds into your Paypal account and you can just box it up and send to me...without opening the case... :D

7. GAD

Your logic is sound, and I always appreciate sound logic!

Tempting, but I'm sure I'll sit there and think, "Hmmm... if it's worth selling, it must be worth playing one last time!" Then I'm screwed.

8. whaiyun

whaiyun Member

It is pretty cool! I dig it and would keep it. A red or sunburst might've been even cooler! =P

9. omfg51

omfg51 Member

How in the world could you ever consider selling an electric guild?!?! They are such fantastic instruments and guild doesn't make them anymore. Very nice to see you decided to keep it.

10. GAD

I've sold scores of electric Guilds, but usually with the goal of getting something even cooler. Hmmm... that could be an angle! I'll need to find an even cooler Guild!

11. Faded

Faded Member

That is a nice looking Guild. Always happens to me too, i think about selling a guitar when Im at work and unable to play the one in question