Why does my New SG lean forward when standing?

rdamato

Silver Supporting Member
This is not a neck dive. The damn body tilts forward driving me nuts. Any fixes?

Best Ron

sshan25

Supporting Member
Do NOT locate the strap button on the horn tip. It WILL snap off eventually and you'll be sorry.

mango

I wasn't advocating moving the button btw,just answering the thread question .
I wouldn't/didn't move it either .

el supermanny

Just part of owning an SG. The weird strap button location plus the off (neck heavy) balance...

I love the look of SGs and I like how they sound with P90s, I just could never get used to the "feel" of them against my body. With time you'll get used to it. After all, a lot of great players have been SG guys.

Jason_77

I want to say the neck angle is different on an SG but I'm also not around my guitars right now to compare. Anyone know for sure?

sliberty

Strap button location for sure. My double cut Junior did the same thing until I moved the strap button. Of course on a DC Jr, it is safe on the horn. I wouldn't move it on an SG - just live with it.

bob-i

It's called gravity. Put the strap button on the back and it will lean forward. I live with it.

Radspin

Yes, it's the strap button location.

I wonder if it would help to fasten the strap around the neck behind the nut, like they used to do with acoustic guitars (and like some people including me still do)? I have an acoustic guitar with the strap button located by the neck heel and I couldn't stand it with the strap attached there, couldn't play it, hated the way the guitar seemed to "fall forward." I tried fastening the strap behind the nut and, voila, problem solved.

KeyserSoze

Hahaha that video sums it all up ...priceless!

C'mon people, there has to be a million dollar idea/solution for this? ...other then the headstock strap idea (which was a great idea BTW).

OHSOFUZZY

I use a 4" wide bass strap, and strap locks to help with neck dive and body tilt.

Works pretty good.