1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Why doesn't the Suhr Badger come standard with a 16 ohm out?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by soldano16, Feb 29, 2008.

1. soldano16

soldano16 Member

Most guys with Marshalls use 16 ohm cabs. Seems weird a Marshall style 18 watter is 4/8 out.

2. JDouglee

JDouglee Member

Email Suhr. If I recall correctly, I think there's a custom 16 ohm option.

3. soldano16

soldano16 Member

I know but it seems weird to have it as an option. There's one for sale locally but I have 3 16 ohm cabs and zero 8 ohm.

4. JDouglee

JDouglee Member

Yeah, from what I heard it was a sound issue. Power scaling, the design, the transformer available only had the 4 & 8 taps. Maybe you might like it despite the ohm difference. I can only speak for myself, but I heard it thru a few different cabs, 4x12s that may have been 16ohm, and it sounds like nothing else. Weird? Sure. :eek:)

5. radcliff

radcliff Member

Wire your 16 ohm cab to 4 ohms - put them all in parellel instead of series

6. zoooombiex

zoooombiex Member