• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Why Fender insist on these crappy standard strats?

pold

I just don't get it, don't you feel the same? When I see a standard strat it just reminds me of a piece of ****, everything is wrong with it:
- 22 frets instead of 21
- 9.5 radius instead of the much better 7.25 radius
- modern C shape instead of the legendary chunky V shape
- no Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish on the neck (sigh)
- American Strat® Single-Coil Pickups instead of the brilliant Tex-Mex

Why don't they understand that their standard strats are just the wrong path to follow, these are not strats, they are turds and they have nothing to share with a real strat. They are turds with the label Fender put on it. Shouldn't we make a "petition" to see if they change direction at Fender?

sorry, I don't see how the number of frets, the neck radius and shape, and not having lacquer makes a guitar "bad". As long as you like the way it plays, it's a good guitar, you can always change the pickups.

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Gold Supporting Member
Fender wouldn't want pold to be stuck buying a piece of ****, so they also offer what he wants on at least five other production versions. I do agree that the world would be an easier place to stomach if everybody just liked the same exact thing.

blackba

Gold Supporting Member
Fender wants you to buy their MIA strats, they have to have a few differences between their cheaper strats and the more expensive ones.

I enjoy playing my MIM and MIA strat....

playthecray

Silver Supporting Member
I will agree that the electronics are garbage in the standard Strats. You can always buy a Tele or maybe consider a G&L.

pold

sorry, I don't see how the number of frets, the neck radius and shape, and not having lacquer makes a guitar "bad". As long as you like the way it plays, it's a good guitar, you can always change the pickups.

It's not just pickups, but a combination of everything. If the mexican made Road Worn are becoming so popular it's because they sound great, not because they have cool dents.Try both and tell me the difference.

Well,Maybe it has something to do with it being one of the best selling American made guitars of all time.:jo

I just don't get it, don't you feel the same? When I see a standard strat it just reminds me of a piece of ****, everything is wrong with it:
- 22 frets instead of 21

Why don't they understand that their standard strats are just the wrong path to follow, these are not strats, they are turds and they have nothing to share with a real strat. They are turds with the label Fender put on it. Shouldn't we make a "petition" to see if they change direction at Fender?

pold

bandofthieves™;5792985 said:
Well,Maybe it has something to do with it being one of the best selling American made guitars of all time.:jo
I heard that standard strats sales are going down, I dont think it depends on the credit crunch, but just because if you are looking for a strat sound you don't find it there anymore.

I heard that standard strats sales are going down, I dont think it depends on the credit crunch, but just because if you are looking for a strat sound you don't find it there anymore.
I don't know Man.I actually soild more AMSTD and Deluxe Strats and Teles last year than the year before. They have gone from $749 to $1300 over the last 4 years.MIght have more to do with it. That and they dropped colors like Hot Rod Red,Lake Placid Blue,Sonic blue etc for some pretty lame ass colors.Just like no Rosewood fretboards on Mex Teles. Very Stupid.

joolzriff

i agree....just my opinion only but i cannot stand any production fender unless its those nice custom shop fat neck boys and i cant afford one of those and thats just a bolt on neck guitar at that...
ive been looking for a strat i like at a decent price for over 15yrs and still havnt found one i Love ---ALWAYS got rid of em
thats just me

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
- 22 frets instead of 21
Frets don't bother me at all.
I really don't like the vintage radius. In fact it kept me from buying a 70s strat.
Love the C shape.

I'll give you the finish, though it's not a deal breaker. I pretty much always upgrade the pickups anymore. There aren't many production guitars that I wouldn't upgrade the pickups on.

GAD

Bottle_Rocket

The Americam Vintage '57 Strat has everything I love in a Strat. I just put in some jumbo frets and the thing is totally awsome.

If you want something more specific to your taste then go to the custom shop and get exactly what you want.

I still think Fender makes great gear for the price. My DRRI is most excellent.

I'm a bit confused are we talking about American or Mexican standards???

If talking about the American.....Well, sorry guys but I've got to disagree with all you American series/ standard haters. I think for the money they are nicely built quality guitars and very consistant. When you compare to a custom shop, for example, worth 3 to 4 times as much, they really are great value.

I will agree that the electronics are garbage in the standard Strats. You can always buy a Tele or maybe consider a G&L.
Sorry, but whats wrong with the electronics in the standard USA's????

Trending Topics