• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Why Fender insist on these crappy standard strats?

pold

I just don't get it, don't you feel the same? When I see a standard strat it just reminds me of a piece of ****, everything is wrong with it:
- 22 frets instead of 21
- 9.5 radius instead of the much better 7.25 radius
- modern C shape instead of the legendary chunky V shape
- no Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish on the neck (sigh)
- American Strat® Single-Coil Pickups instead of the brilliant Tex-Mex

Why don't they understand that their standard strats are just the wrong path to follow, these are not strats, they are turds and they have nothing to share with a real strat. They are turds with the label Fender put on it. Shouldn't we make a "petition" to see if they change direction at Fender?

John Hurtt

Gold Supporting Member
I just don't get it, don't you feel the same? When I see a standard strat it just reminds me of a piece of ****, everything is wrong with it:
- 22 frets instead of 21

Why don't they understand that their standard strats are just the wrong path to follow, these are not strats, they are turds and they have nothing to share with a real strat. They are turds with the label Fender put on it. Shouldn't we make a "petition" to see if they change direction at Fender?
Hmm.....I like 22 fret strats over 21 fretters..
I like the 9.5" radius better than the 7.25...
I like C shaped necks
I hate the Tex-Mex p/u's, they sound shrill and thin through my rig....

:dunno

Maxer

Comes down to user preference. Live and let live - there are other guitars out there to check out, including different flavours of Strat.

pold

it's a combination of everything. If the mexican made Road Worn are becoming so popular it's because they sound great, not because they have cool dents. I tried many of them and all sounded awsome, I still haven't met a guitarist that didn't like the Road Worn strats, they are becoming fav guitars even among people who already have vintage strats or signature strats.

bilbal

I normally don't like Strats personally. I've just never been able to make one sound good for some reason. That said, I love hearing other players use them...SRV, Clapton, Eric Johnson, Buddy Guy, etc... They are some of my
favorite artists. A buddy of mine lent me his the other day and I have been enjoying the heck out of it. It's a Mexi with the best neck I have ever played. You see, I used to own it but sold it to him. I'm actually buying it back because I like it so much. I love the way it plays and feels but I am still not crazy with how it sounds. I will drop some Fralins in soon and hopefully have another killer axe to gig with or just be different.

Strats are not everyone, much the same as Les Pauls. I happen to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Les Pauls. They make my SLO scream!!!!! :)

b

SGNick

A rather immature way to look at things. It's crap because it isn't to your liking? please.

If they made standard strats with knives that shoved themselves into your leg, I'd agree with you, but you're using subjective features as a reason for something being "crappy"

daddyo

- 22 frets instead of 21

Decaf, son, decaf.

pold

I am not forcing anyone to think the same, just hope to find similar opinions and improve the quality of a legendary brand like Fender. Sorry if there are 2 threads, one has been moved, my apologies.

JPF

Fender are consistently making amazing guitars, and continuously diversifying their range of products while keeping the quality control right up there. Not too many big companies can perform that feat.

All I get from the OP's post is that he doesn't care for that particular model.

So what? - there's plenty more to choose from.

Decaf and roughage...

Tidewater Custom Shop

Performance Enhancing Guitarworks
Silver Supporting Member
I think they're fine machines. I was okay with my 2000 American Standard till I discovered the aftermarket industry, and the limitless possibilities to improve a basically good platform.

Think about a Ford Focus. Lotsa people like them just the way they come from the factory. Another group likes to modify them to their liking with aftermarket stuff.

You don't like your Standard Strat? IMPROVE IT

ez-one

Your opinion might be in the minority, if people were not buying them Fender would quit making them, its a fairly popular guitar, in a price range that is competive with other brands of guitars with simular quality. I personally do not like Tex/Mex pickups. Others could say the Gibson ought to quit making Eppys since real Gibsons are better guitars or that G&L should quit making their Tribute line since real G&L's are better guitars, If all the guitar companies guitars started at $1000 and up, there would be alot of people out there that could not afford or be willing to buy a guitar and start playing. I personally have a fairly high end strat that for sure is much nicer than a standard, but I paid quite a bit more for it.

Trending Topics