Why haven't more companies modeled the Fender Princeton and/or Super Reverb?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by JimHalinda, Mar 27, 2019.

1. JimHalinda

JimHalinda Member

... considering how much these amps are praised, they have always seemed conspicuously absent from the lists of amps modelled that I have seen over the years.

I mean, the Tweed Champ seems very popular, so why not the Super or Princeton?

Just seems odd to me, I would love to have those sounds at my disposal.

Curious to hear what others think,

Jim

2. ColdFrixion

ColdFrixion Member

You can find Kemper profiles of both, and the Axe-Fx II and III include models of them, as well.

Elantric likes this.
  3. metropolis_4

metropolis_4 Member

AmpliTube has a nice Super Reverb in the Fender 2 pack. And Fender include these in the old cyber series and the Mustang.

It seems like the one that never gives these any love is Line 6 for some reason

4. '62 Stratmaniac

'62 Stratmaniac Member

Fender does Princeton models in their modeling amps, but not the SR. The closest that they have in the GT and new LT25 (which I just got, and like a lot more than the GT40) modeling amps are the tweed Bassman, and 3x10 Bandmaster (in the GTs).

5. KennyM

KennyM Supporting Member

Princeton Reverb was my most used model in the Axe FXII.

Elantric likes this.
  6. Deaj

Deaj Silver Supporting Member

I've used various Princeton amps in the past, including a very nice sounding Ceriato Princeton-based build. Until the Ares updates to the AxeFX II the Princeton models never sounded quite right to me. The same models in Ares v1.02 are more like their real counterparts in the real world IMO.

The Fender amps, and those amps derived from Fender designs, for my liking, have all taken a big step forward in sound and dynamics with Ares v1.02.

7. John Mark Painter

John Mark Painter Member

The Tweed Champ is an extremely different tone.
    When volume isn't an issue (modeling), the Princeton is more nuanced in differences from a Deluxe.

8. stevieboy

stevieboy Clouds yell at me Silver Supporting Member

They also have a '65 Princeton in the dropdown menu for the first Fender pack, but available as an extra purchase, as is a tweed Champ. I have the trial version right now, sounds pretty good.