• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Why in the HECK does Gibson do this?

bbarnard

Put two different size screws in the two strap buttons. I've had this issue on both my 339 and the 2006 VOS LP Special I just got. Went to change out the screws so I could put Schaller strap lock buttons on and the screw that holds the stock button on the butt of the guitar is BIGGER (diameter) than the one that is closest to the neck. Not only that but the screw head on them is too big to fit down into the Schaller button so that even if you could get it on you can't get the Schaller to lock. And finding a screw with that diameter AND a head size small enough to fit into the Schaller button is virtually impossible. Looks like I have to get out the toothpicks and glue. Grrrrrrrr........:horse

skycam

I play SGs, but it seems you're in the same boat.

Yep, you'll need to go the toothpicks/glue route if you want schallers.

I prefer Dunlop Dual Designs, so I have to provide my own smaller screw for the neck button, then file down the head of the new screw so it'll fit through the Dunlop straplock button.

It's worth it :D

weezy

well that explains a lot..... I put Shallers on my 335 and thought that I stripped the butt-end screw... (that doesn't sound right...) Now I know what really happened.

I ended up using the glue to keep it in...

Stringz

Put two different size screws in the two strap buttons. I've had this issue on both my 339 and the 2006 VOS LP Special I just got. Went to change out the screws so I could put Schaller strap lock buttons on and the screw that holds the stock button on the butt of the guitar is BIGGER (diameter) than the one that is closest to the neck. Not only that but the screw head on them is too big to fit down into the Schaller button so that even if you could get it on you can't get the Schaller to lock. And finding a screw with that diameter AND a head size small enough to fit into the Schaller button is virtually impossible. Looks like I have to get out the toothpicks and glue. Grrrrrrrr........:horse
They do it just to annoy people like you who aren't satisfied with the hardware they install on their guitars. :messedup

Apparently they hang the guitars upside down after spraying to let them dry, so they put a more substantial screw in bottom strap button.

crosse79

Gibson Factory

Dude 1 : Dude - where my drill?

Dude 2: Don't know. Just use anyone lying about

Dude 1: Awesome!

bbarnard

Well they did actually respond to my support email:

"I am sorry for your frustration. I will pass along your information to manufacturing."

Trending Topics