I am lifting the ground of a VOX AC 15 to cut back on the noise. But isn't this dangerous? Or is it only if I touch a mic that I might get shocked? What should I avoid if I do this to cut the noise?
Once I got shocked from a mic - and I could actually see the arc of electricity hit me right on the tip of the nose. F*CK!You can buy ground lift cables and devices for the low voltage end.
You need a ground on your amp on the high voltage end.
Could you die? well yeah but it`s more likely that nasty painful shocks will happen.
I have stepped up to the mic while playing and it felt like I was punched in the face and got a blister on my lip in no ground situations, using other peoples gear or bad PA grounds.
I have had the soundman use a cheater live on stage, to kill the hum and say watch the mic!