1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Why is it so hard to get in contact with Hahn Guitars?

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by mlkIII, Nov 12, 2018.

1. tigerlee9

tigerlee9 Member

Update: my Hahn order of 2-9-2018 has been refunded in full.

I never received any direct one on one contact from Chihoe through this entire refund request until 2-5-19.

There was a cryptic note in passing on his instagram page where he posted (under the photo of a newly finished 910) that my guitar was finished and being shipped 2-5-19.

By luck I saw it and immediately posted that I did not want the guitar any longer and that I wanted a full refund instead on that same post (both of these posts have since been deleted).

Chihoe sent me my first actual email since 7-10-18 on Tuesday, 2-5-19 saying it looked like PayPal was processing my refund.

For me good news with a hint of melancholy. I'll distill my experience down to this: I would like to own a Hahn guitar someday. I would buy a used or newly finished Hahn guitar if it hit the markers I was seeking, (and I have no reason to doubt that it wouldn't be able to). I will NEVER custom order a new build from Hahn guitars again, the lack of communication regarding my build was entirely too frustrating.

I wish no ill will to Chihoe Hahn and am happy for all who have a great experience ordering, receiving and playing a Hahn guitar.

I consider myself among those whose goodwill and patience would have been extended, MOSTLY graciously as the fulfillment of my order was postponed/extended IF I had been kept abreast of the delays. I gave ample and polite requests, prompts, then demands for information and was never responded to. That is the single reason I cancelled my order and asked for a refund.

2. shallbe

shallbe Deputy Plankspanker Gold Supporting Member

Another builder hurting his business with totally preventable, self-inflicted wounds.

sidekick likes this.
  3. elmogs

elmogs Member

I just found this thread. I contacted him and tried to order a guitar as well. He answered the 1st email and then never answered the others. I have met him in person too and he was really nice and personable but as a business person he is obviously terrible at it. I took the money I was going to use for a Hahn and ended up with a Fender Fessler Masterbulit Tele. Awesome tone machine. I just can’t understand how you expect to run a successful business if you cannot handle one of the most important aspects of it: Customer Service. I’ll never buy a Hahn guitar. Life’s too short for the aggravation.