Why is my double vision 20/20? actual question

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Clifford-D, May 10, 2015.

1. Clifford-D

Clifford-D Member

So I see when its dark out that lights look smudged. That's not uncommon, and for some they will see a slight double image, again not too unusual.
    But today while wathing tv I was looking at some smudged words on the tube. I actually looked into the second image and I noticed that the words were perfecty in like 20/20. This second image that I thought was smudge, and with pictures mostly is a smudge, but with words there was clarity although faint.

I hope Iade some sense. Would love to hear from people that know vision.
    What is it and can I get my good vision back through lasex or??

Mostly I wanted to say I saw letters on the tv that I could read perfectly,, through my doibled age.

2. XKnight

XKnight Member

Maybe consult an eye doctor. Good luck!

3. forum_crawler

forum_crawler Member

As mentioned above. Maybe see a doctor, it could be the symptom of something else but hopefully not.

4. KeithC

KeithC Silver Supporting Member

Of course go see an optometrist or ophthalmologist but try looking at those images and cover one eye and see how it looks out of one eye and then try the other eye by itself.

If it's true double images then glasses with prescribed prism can usually fix that.
    Could be one eye just seeing much worse than the other and/or astigmatism.

Get thee to an eye doc!

5. Tony Foran

Tony Foran Supporting Member

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  6. grego7

grego7 has left the building Gold Supporting Member

If you have double vision, your eyes aren't sync'd up as far as gaze direction, usually a problem with one of the many muscles that pulls the eye in various directions or the nerves that supply those muscles. Doesn't really have anything to do with your eyes' ability to focus which is due to the lens inside the eye (and the cornea to some degree).