• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Why no drum forum?

vintage66

Did there used to be one here? I know there are some online but I do most of my gear forum time wasting here and I just got back into drums after a 30 year hiatus. Just wondering, there's bass, keyboard, seems odd that it's missing.

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
Because this is a forum for musicians. :p ;)
Yes, we get it.
BUT it is the GEAR page.
You certainly need know nothing about music to have a pretty solid understanding of how sound gear works.

Drums can be broken down to their technical foundation, too. So the question is:
Do we really have to have all types of gear represented? How PC is that?

soulman969

Yes, we get it.
BUT it is the GEAR page.
You certainly need know nothing about music to have a pretty solid understanding of how sound gear works.

Drums can be broken down to their technical foundation, too. So the question is:
Do we really have to have all types of gear represented? How PC is that?
Just a joke from an old school bassist who gets tired of being picked on all the time. :brick ;)

I would have no issues at all if a drum forum were started. Drummers are actually my best friends. :D

DrumBob

Platinum Supporting Member
Ha Ha. What a bunch of clowns. ;) Yes, we can read and people like us.

I'd love to see a section here for drums and drummers, because I have noticed that some members of this forum also play drums. Obviously. It's not uncommon to read that certain guitarists here are also drummers. So why not start a drums section, Brian?

bigtone23

I would jump in the drum forum. I used to be all over several drum forums before Facebook neutered them.

MoPho

Pho Shizzle
Silver Supporting Member
Gotta do it. I'm just as much drums as I am guitar and bass.

Outlier

The world needs more drummers so I guess I'm fine with that. Sorry but us guitar players are less than a dime a dozen.

Bluedano1

I'd love a drum forum, what the heck!

I LOVE the look of vintage Jazz and R&R kits...I'd be happy looking drums and pics!
As a kid in the '60's I always wanted to be ( or at least thought I did) a drummer, but except for a cheap snare drum ( I bought it selling veggie/flower seeds door to door from an ad on the back of Boys Life mag!) and a cymbal I made from the cut out bottom lid of a 3lb. Maxwell House coffee can/ nail/wooden dowel stand , that never happened!
( Side: I asked my dad for a drum kit, he bought me a record on how to play the bongos, but NO BONGOS!, so 2 different size coffee cans with plastic lids!)
I've always talked shop with all the drummers I play with, as a few guys we play with are always swapping say snares and cymbals with each other- just fun to BS.....

fjblair

Gold Supporting Member
It is somewhat odd that there is not a drum sub-forum on TGP. Drummers are people too!

Trending Topics