Why no love for warrior guitars?

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by golfnbobp, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Paul Conway

Paul Conway Member

Yes.

2. Strat O'Caster

Strat O'Caster Member

Hi fugot,

I found my way to this forum via a search for “Warrior King’s Closet #17” which linked to this page.

It looks like somewhere along the line you previously owned this guitar? I’m not sure how many times it’s changed hands since your ownership but I’m the proud new owner having just purchased it.

If you don’t mind I’m hoping to find out as many details as you may recall. The person I bought it from wasn’t too clear on specifics, and although I’ve tried several times to reach Warrior by phone & email they haven’t responded, and as of a few minutes ago the only number I had for them has been disconnected.

I have a fairly short list of questions about the guitar that I’m really trying to get answered. If it’s alright, I can send them your way. Tried to send private message but the mailbox was full. Hope you may see this via posting.

Would you, or anyone with knowledge of this guitar, mind helping me?

Thanks very much!

Bill

3. BBN

BBN Member

Wow, just read this entire thread. I have 5 Warriors. 4 Double Cut, and 1 Bella. All of mine are extremely pretty and I really love them all. I did have some 'small' issues with one of them (glue around the inlays and glue around the frets). Definitely was a bit sloppy, but nothing that can't be cleaned up. So only one of them I wasn't 'super happy' when I got it (oh, and it was supposed to be a different stain color). But otherwise, I've really loved playing these guitars. JD has never made an religious comments or mention to me, and has treated me pretty well. Do I feel he drives hard for a sale? (well, pretty obvious...since I have 5 of them).
    But I keep buying them because I really think they're great works of art, and most of them sound and play excellent.

I am definitely a little bummed to hear that the design for the double cut 'may' have been stolen from Bruce. That's just not the right way to do business.
    So Bruce, if the double cut was indeed your design....outstanding job...I love the look and feel of this body.

4. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

Does anyone own a Rick Derringer signature? I remember meeting Rick at a Guitar Show in Rwading, PA back in 2006 and he had 2 amazing burl maple signature models on display at the Warrior Booth. I really like his model. Interested to hear from owners about their experience.

5. Arnie Guitar

Arnie Guitar Member

Go to page five of this thread and scroll down to see mine.

6. ShawnPerry

ShawnPerry Member

I was first involved with Warrior as an Artist. I was in a fairly prominent at the time time was given a pretty good deal on an ax. I was fresh out of highschool and wanted to start my own music store. So the owner talked me into becoming a dealer. It was one of the worst financial decisions of my life. A few of the guitars played pretty decent. But most didn't... and one of the basses had a NON FUNCTIONING truss rod... so that was fun.

Ultimately I only sold ONE instrument, and ended up sending the rest of the instruments back to the company in exchange for ONE... thats right ONE custom instrument for myself. Which was the one of the first Isabellas (which I had quite a bit of input from the design stage up) ...I wanted and ax like the PRS single cut etc.... and I had the only one (to my knowledge) with a POINT tremolo on it.

Sadly this guitar would not stay in tune... still not sure why... but it drove me nuts. I ended up selling it on ebay, and took a BATH on it-

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO that was fun-

7. serviviente7

serviviente7 Member

The design doesn't do anything for me...I dislike pointy finishes on guitars.

8. S1Player

S1Player Member

That Honeyburst Bella on their showroom page is one of the worst burst jobs I have ever seen. Really more of a 2 tone than a burst.

9. soundwarrior

soundwarrior Member

deleted

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015