• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Why so few teles with a trem?

chrisjnyc

Looking at all the different brands of teles, I only see a few which have a trem... mostly a bigsby. Just about every strat has a trem on it.

Tele-Vision

Silver Supporting Member
It’s the string through i don’t want to mess with. I would probably be more accepting of Strats if they had string through. And no broke edges. A slab body Strat with string through would appeal to a lot of Tele die hards

I was trying out Tele's at a shop one time, and the only one at the time they had with the fret radius I wanted had a Bigsby on it.

It Weighed A TON! It was crazy..

Strummerfan

Your question answered itself. Tele's don't have trems because Strats do. I don't like the look or sound of a Strat style trem on a Telecaster. The Bigsby looks good on them, but still changes that Tele sound.

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
someone last week pointed this vid out to me:

i watched it last weekend, what a cool guitar, it sounds like a tele to me!!!!!!!

JB6464

Silver Supporting Member
Tradition. I think they would look cool though. Just think if they would come out with a Tele with an original Floyd Rose and a Duncan JB trembucker.

Add a neck humbucker and that's exactly what I built with a Warmoth body . :aok
It's my avatar pic , best Hotrodded tele I have ever played . :dude

chrisjnyc

Tradition. I think they would look cool though. Just think if they would come out with a Tele with an original Floyd Rose and a Duncan JB trembucker.
I am seeing a factory Bigsby as early as 1967 on a tele... seems like that got a lot of tradition

Adman103

Silver Supporting Member
You can get an ASAT Special with a dual fulcrum trem on them, which is a fantastic trem design- not exactly a tele per say, but a great guitar with a lot of that tele flavor.

9fingers

Silver Supporting Member
I got one put together by TGPer Rob DiStefano some years back. It has a Trem King on it, which is string through and very different than a fulcrum strat type or a Bigsby. The Trem King has its quirks, but works fairly well and the sound is "all tele". It is one of my favorite guitars.

Urobouros

Double Platinum Member
I lucked into a 3 barrel trem on my Kirn thinline that I find gets the traditional essence with the slinky trem feel :cool:

Trending Topics