Why StoneAge Custom Cabinets deserves your business + pics.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by justonwo, Jan 24, 2008.

1. justonwo

justonwo Member

I placed on order for a 4x12B in November. John was patient over the phone, went through all the options, and went through a lengthy discussion of speaker choices. At no time was he pushy or impatient. After a couple of weeks, I decided and placed an order for the 4x12 with G12-65s.

Let me tell you, John was stellar about communication and more on top of his business than ANY small builder I've dealt with (and I've dealt with a bunch). I received emails every couple of weeks with pictures detailing the cabinet progress. In addition to the emails, John made follow up calls to check in and let me know how things were going. He finished when he said he would (what a concept!), contacted me with detailed delivery info, and even called me the day the cabinet was expected for delivery just to make sure I knew it was coming.

Because of his careful packaging job, the cabinet arrived safely and without incident. Packed with the cabinet were detailed instructions for tightening the speakers should they ever come loose, and John also gave me careful instructions for breaking in the speakers.

Let me also say that I'm a detail oriented person and, for better or worse, small things done improperly really bug me. The cabinet that John built reflects true mastery of art of cabinet building. This cab is totally flawless and reflects obvious care and detailing. I can't imagine the time and energy he must have put into making this thing the right way.

I have to caveat my statements so far to say, sadly, I haven't even had time to plug into the cabinet yet, but if the sound quality reflects the obvious build quality . . . well, you know . . . it should be amazing. Here are just a few of the photos John sent.

If you guys are looking to get a cab built the way you want it, I can't recommend StoneAge highly enough.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look at that thing on the inside! It's totally flawless. Now that's the way to build a cab.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jamison162

jamison162 Member

+1000!!!:dude

Just got some orange tolex samples from John yesterday. Been talking to him for months about doing me a 2x12C.

3. BurnoutBright

BurnoutBright Member

The cabinet looks great. How much for the 4x12 cabinets only ( unloaded ) cost you?

4. justonwo

justonwo Member

5. coxswain

coxswain Member

These cabinents look beautiful! How much were your speakers?

Chase

6. fuzzyguitars

fuzzyguitars Supporting Member

i see an egnater in the back

does he build em for bruce?:BEER

7. justonwo

justonwo Member

Speakers were priced as low as I've seen them anywhere. You should probably just contact StoneAge for the details, though.

8. coxswain

coxswain Member

9. KBN

KBN Member

Sexy cabs. Damn.

10. crimson on pink

crimson on pink Supporting Member

not helping my gas. can't wait to see them in person on march 1st. i need to move my guild head and cab to pay for my cab. i want one of the black and tan tolex with the salt and pepper grill. so gorgeous.

11. prvv

prvv Member

The cabs have superior quality and outstanding customer service. They
    will keep you rocking:dude

12. SReynolds

SReynolds Supporting Member

I have to agree. I just got a StoneAge 212c and it's a very good cabinet,very well constructed, and most of all sounds killer. Highly Recommended. Many thanks to John for building such a fine product, and top notch customer service.

13. Brain2Me2

Brain2Me2 Member

I thought the same when I saw the 2x12C on the frontpage of his site...with the same Tolex scheme as the Egnater Mod 50. :rolleyes:

14. Jay Strange

Jay Strange Member

I've spoken with John quite a bit about building me a cab, fantastic guy.
    You really get the feeling he's very passionate about his work and thats so important. The best of the best in my opinion.

15. RonnyLee

RonnyLee Member

That's one fine looking cab.......mercy....

16. Jbrax

Jbrax Member

John Makes some of the best cabinets around !!!Hands down, and also a Class A Guys to boot!!!

Jerry

17. moggio

moggio Member

John is second to none in customer service. Top notch all the way. I have two 2x12B cabs and the build quality is fantastic. These are smaller cabs, but they sound huge. I have never played through a better cab. I would highly recommend StoneAge to anyone that is looking for the "best". John knows tone and really puts his heart and soul into his work. It shows. You cannot go wrong with a StoneAge cab!

18. Fineblend

Fineblend Member

Is there a story behind the name? Only curious, maybe a reference to the good ol' days of tone?

19. StoneAge Cabs

StoneAge Cabs Silver Supporting Member

Haven't been asked that in a while, 'Fineblend'...but yepp...you are definitely on the right track as to how I came up with the name...I certainly digg vintage tones....but it also has alot to do with quality cabb tone..via materials/construction, [a very important link in the tone chain IMHO]....and building them like the 'old days' [but with some of my own 'tweeks']...so, the name just sort of came to me, and I thought it had a pretty nice ring to it.....plus, my woodworking tools are pretty damn old...:rolleyes:...just kidding...
    Seriously...thanks Justonwo for the great thread and to everyone for the great comments...!...
    hope the mods approve of this post??

20. crimson on pink

crimson on pink Supporting Member

the mods better approve!!! or the tone gods will smit them. haha. jk. can't get enough of those cabs.