Why to buy a Boss GT10... in 2012 ?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by photone, Feb 19, 2012.

1. photone

photone Member

I find a good price for a new GT10 with 3 year warranty! I already have a Boss ME25 which is a cool little unit ( with a very good freeze and stack functions), but for live, is a little difficult tu use.
    I never tryed GT10 so don't know to much about the tone quality.I like the routing possibilities and hear very good things about GT10's fx effects ,but some complaints for the COSM amp modeling.
    I know that the GT10 was released in 2008, and there are on market few good ( and newest) alternatives from Line6 ,Digitech and Zoom, the new GT100 and Zoom G5 will be soon available, but the GT10 may be still a good deal .
    I'm interesed first for delay/reverbs/modulations that i love to use a lot. The gain part I take it from my Hughes&Kettner 20 watt tube combo. So ,the alternatives that I found/like for what I want and for the same price of GT10 are :
    1) - Zoom G3 (delays/ modulations) + TC Hall of Fame/Line6 Verbzilla (for reverbs and for the trails feature , to compansate some way to lack of spillover between patch changing on Zoom G3, that is important when use delays/reverbs to not cut the signal) + Boss FV-500L vol/expr. pedal
    2) - Two Zoom G3 for delays/mod/reverbs ( because of the DSP limit when are used the HD reverb, but I'm worry about no spillover between patch changing) + Boss FV500L
    3) - Line 6 POD HD400
    4) - Line 6 M9
    5) - Digitech RP 1000 ( but is it a little more expensive)
    6) - etc...
    So,what do you thing, are the GT10 still a good solution " today" , or maybe I must to look for the other solutions? :huh
    Thank you...:)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  2. richpjr

richpjr Member

Well, unless you are getting a real good deal, it's about to be replaced by the GT-100 in the next month or so - I'd hold off myself to see it first.

3. bluesdoc

bluesdoc Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

If it's the right price, use a Tech 21 Character pedal for the amp/cab sim, and use the GT10 for eff and switching. Works for me. But I'm waiting for the (real) reviews on the GT100 when it actually hits the streets.

jon