Why wasn't I told about Albert Cummings?

I've continued my search for meat & potatoes blues players and stumbled (ha!) across Albert Cummings. He has a combination of a searing high gain Strat tone (helped no doubt by a HSS configuration) combined with neck pickup goodness (perhaps helped by a Telecaster neck pickup...?).

This one is a little bit country but I'm digging it plenty.

I've never heard of this guy before but he kept popping up in Google Play so I had a listen. I can only guess I haven't heard of him because he looks like someone's dad (like me) and plays pretty standard blues/blues rock (as opposed to playing with say fuzz and a beanie).

drpoyer

You found a regular guy, that loves to play. His music and attitude are great and, evidently, he builds (or built) really nice homes. I could never afford one, so that's just a rumor. He is as far as I know a part-time player and still maintains his other business. When I lived in the Boston area I would see him from time to time...

ned7flat5

Great player AND singer - this live album is killer from beginning to end.

I was introduced to his material a few years back and was astounded to learn that he was in real estate or similar as his main income (thereby craftily avoiding the contention the term “amateur” might have otherwise provoked).

You found a regular guy, that loves to play. His music and attitude are great and, evidently, he builds (or built) really nice homes. I could never afford one, so that's just a rumor. He is as far as I know a part-time player and still maintains his other business. When I lived in the Boston area I would see him from time to time...
If he sounds that good from a part time arrangement, I am very impressed.

Jimi1983

Silver Supporting Member
A very talented guy whose playing and singing I like a lot! Michael Burks is another somewhat lesser known player who is really good too.

Trending Topics