Why's eveyone selling their FD's ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by RRG, Sep 19, 2005.

1. RRG

RRG Member

Just noticing a bunch of people looking to sell their Full-Drives, I don't have experience with one but is it cause you are finding something better, or that you don't need one anyway...?

It just seems like it's "sell your full-drive month" hahaha.

2. DerekMinnich

DerekMinnich Member

I don't know about the others but I'm waiting for the new 10th anniversary Fulldrive II with the standard/MOSFET switch. I sold my Fulldrive about 5 years ago though, great pedal. But thats just me...I'm excited to get and try another. It's been a while.

3. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

I've gone through 3 FD-2 pedals and I really do like it but sometimes I just sell pedals so I can try others, If a pedal is good you usually end up getting another but I am reall interested in the Mosfet FD-2.
    I'm sure Mike will sell plenty of the new FD-2!

4. Ryan

Ryan Member

I have the last custom shop FD2, but I'm jonesing for the MOSFET...

5. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

Well you can send in your old FD2 to be upgraded - Im having mine get the latest upgrades including the Mosfet and vintage switches.......

6. Ryan

Ryan Member

For how much?

7. Don L

Don L Member

I have yet to find an OD pedal that makes me get rid of my early silver FD2 from 1995...

8. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Gold Supporting Member

Latest specs/switches from a standard FD2 is $70

vintage switch and mosfet are different, so if you have a custom shop model already, I think the Mosfet addition is about 35.... contact fulltone.....

but yeah if you could get $150 for your FD2 then it would be the same as the 10th ann modle.......

but I wanted this yellow FD2 updated as Im keeping it ( best sounding one, and it has my youngest sons born on date - I asked Mike to sign it for him while its there for upgrade...,,, maybe Ill put some chia knobs on it to honor the Moss upgrade....:D

9. RRG

RRG Member

Any idea as to when the anniversary model is coming out?
    Thanks

10. steeeve

steeeve Member

I'm going to sell mine finally I think. It's been in the "museum" for a long time. My Nobels ODR-1 kind of did a better job for what I wanted, but I still like FD 2's for some stuff. Mine is a '96 model with no mods. I used my friend's blue one with the comp cut for a while and I liked that a little better.

The TS variant IS something that I would like to explore again for the strat neck position. I still like TS types for this.

I am, of course, intrigued by the Mosfet model. So many Dumble-esque pedals coming out it seems.

11. KRosser

KRosser Member

If you stick around here long enough, you'll notice lots of flavor-of-the-month buying and selling. I don't think it really means anything....other than someone raved about one, lots of people bought them, then someone raved about something else...

Still using my original FDII from '96, though I may retire it to backup status when the Mosfet comes out.

12. tthompso7

tthompso7 Guest

yeah... Mikes trend is to turn the Custom Shop model into the next version of the pedal. Maybe we'll see a FD3 with MOSFET sometime later in the year or early 2006?

13. steeeve

steeeve Member

Yeah the flavor of the month factor seems pretty high around the net. Good thing the re-sale value for boutique pedals is pretty good.

14. slacker

slacker Senior Member

Shortly after I bought my FM FD2 (still got it) it seemed that 'everyone' was raving over the Banzai Fireball 2 (tried it, great pedal). Then there was a big TIM drive (sic) and now it's back to the FD2. Oh the King of Tone was in there somewhere.

Although I have bought other gain pedals and will do so again, the FD2 (my old vintage one ha ha) is an amazing pedal and I'm very fond of it.

15. flicker180

flicker180 Member

anyone got the current email addy for fulltone?

was going to ask them about the CS FD2 to Mosfet edition upgrade.

the fulltone@comcast.net address is failing.

dave

16. tthompso7

tthompso7 Guest

here you go Dave... Fulltone@aol.com

You need to add that Cub II to your sig!

17. MrSage

MrSage Member

A lot of people are selling their FDs, but a lot of people are buying, too.

Fulltone makes a ton of these, so I think there are just a lot more out there to buy and sell. It's not like everyone is dumping them or anything. I think there's a very healthy Fulldrive market out there...lots of buyers and lots of sellers.

18. flicker180

flicker180 Member

LOL! you're right...

gotta fix that...and scrub the Bogen's out...

thanks, Ted.

dave

19. flicker180

flicker180 Member

ok, got an update from Mike on the pedal mods:

so, no FD2 --> Mosfet mods for now.

dave

20. jeffhef

jeffhef Member

I've tried it a couple of times. It's a nice pedal. But for my needs...it didn't fit. Good thing is...should be able to try one out pretty easily.

jeffhef