Widest vocal range...Axl Rose...really?

bob-i

That list is complete bunk. Some of those are grunts, growls, screeches, screams, not a true vocal range.

If a vocalist can't sing the note clearly and repeat it I don't consider it range, just an anomaly.

Flyin' Brian

Silver Supporting Member
OK this is long but worth the listen. Tell me about this range. John Cowan (Newgrass Revival, The John Cowan Band and The Doobie Brothers)

Killcrop

Silver Supporting Member
Axle Rose is a garbage singer. Even in his prime he sucked. He could win for most depleted range.

JPF

Axl can whine like a little beyatch across more octaves than anyone else, so I agree with the list.

c_mac

Gold Supporting Member
Axle Rose is a garbage singer. Even in his prime he sucked. He could win for most depleted range.
No offense, but you know nothing about singing if you are making such a statement. You don't have to like his style or tone and I certainly wouldn't argue the fact that he doesn't sing very well these days, however, in this prime on AFD, he was amazing and had incredible range and incredible voice control.

Invertiguy

No idea where he'd fit on this chart, but vocalist with the widest range (and the best voice, IMHO) of any newer artists that I've heard has been Darroh Sudderth of Fair to Midland. Now that guy has a set of pipes!

robmarch

would be interested to see where Cedric from the mars volta would fit on the list. of course, he's no Justin Bieber, so the world may never know.

cram

false setto is the spit-ball of singing technique.
It's obviously the singer from spinal tap.

Trending Topics