• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

WIIO, DLS, Timmy or Tube Zone?

jdel77

Are you guys finding that nearly every Youtube of the Catalinbread WIIO sounds different? What is the actual sound of this thing? I'm considering trading my V1 DLS for either a WIIO, Timmy or an M-Audio Tube Zone. I just need a basic rock overdrive sound that is fairly uncompressed and able to cover all the usual ground.
Cheers.

A WIIO is NOT a basic overdrive. Its described as the sound of a "cranked Hiwatt", which is not a basic OD. DLS or Timmy would get you in the area you are describing.

jdel77

Cool. My amp needs a re-tube, so once that is done I will give it another shot and decide from there...

theGhost

Tube Zone is more towards Mesa style, but more versatile. It is very tweakable and sensitive.
I've heard this comment a lot, but I never know what it means.

I owned a single and triple recto for a short time, so I have good handle on the characteristics of that sound, but is this pedal supposed to be more like a mark series or what? how does it even feel/react?

I just didn't like the M-Audio Tube Zone that much. It just sounded way to compressed and not nearly open enough.

Top Bottom