Wilkinson VS100 - a question about the studs / allen wrenches

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by guitardude5, Feb 22, 2009.

1. guitardude5

guitardude5 Member

I have a guitar with a Wilkinson VS100 installed on it. I need to adjust the height of the studs. I know it has a smaller set screw in the middle of the post. My allen wrench set does not have this size - it jumps from 0.9mm to 1.3mm. It falls somewhere in between there. I know I could just order all the sizes in between, but I would like to know what I am asking for. The smallest home depost sells is 1.5mm. It looks like I am going to have to locate it either online or a specialty tool place.

Does anybody know the size of the smaller allen wrench used here?

Thanks!

[​IMG]
    The larger size is 2.5mm if anybody is wondering :D

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  2. Eagle1

Eagle1 Member

Its the import saddle screw size ,can't remember quit what that is at the moment but if you ring Allparts they will send you the right one.

3. guitardude5

guitardude5 Member

Thanks for the tip. I was trying to find one locally. I really don't have any other parts I need to order to justify the shipping expense.

4. Eagle1

Eagle1 Member

A small metric set will have it.

5. MarkF786

MarkF786 Member

When I get home, I'll check mine and tell you the size.

6. MarkF786

MarkF786 Member

I just checked mine and it is 1.5mm, the same as the screws for saddle height adjustment. The one thing I've found though is I have two different 1.5mm allen wrenches, and at least for the saddles only one of them fits for some odd reason.

Mark

7. guitardude5

guitardude5 Member

I called Warmoth, and they did not know. They asked me to send an email, and they would research it. I just sent them the email a couple minutes ago.

As far as the 1.5mm... it doesn't fit. Maybe I've got some non-standard size studs? I'm heading to my setup guy on Saturday. I'll have him have a look.

Thanks for your help.

8. fumbler

fumbler Member

I have this bridge and I can confirm that the allen wrench for the saddle height adjustment is the same as for the internal set screw in the posts. My one wrench works in both.

Maybe you've got some gunk in the posts? Probably not so likely in the treble side posts though.

9. guitardude5

guitardude5 Member

Thanks, we got her up and running great this morning. I did get a reply from Warmoth, too. They did confirm the 1.5mm. My studs are actually a little different, but they are working great.

Thanks to all the replies!