Will a bill nash telecaster be able to hang with my cunetto nocaster relic

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Sonic Reducer, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Sonic Reducer

Sonic Reducer Member

I love this guitar, but i have a lot of cash wrapped up in it. It plays like a dream and sounds great. Do you think a nash nocaster could hang with it? I'd be saving a lot of money

2. angler87

angler87 Member

I think a Nash would be able to hang with a Nocaster pretty easily. It seems like his T-52 style guitars are becoming closer in finish to the Fender Nocasters as opposed to the Fender 52 Reissues (more honey blode than yellowish butterscotch). I have a Nash Custom Telecaster and its an excellent guitar. Prior to ordering it I held a Nocaster to get a feel of the neck shape. The fatback style neck I have on the Nash is almost identical.

Overall, Nash makes a great tele. Mine is just under 7 pounds, resonant, has a great finish, awesome relicing and sounds great

3. deeval

deeval Supporting Member

I have a Nash T-63 Dakota red,and it is awsome tone,I had an original 66 tele that I thought was the best tele tone and this Nash is right there with,the feel and nails the tone to the original thing,I have played and was in market for a Fender Nocaster last year and tried about five of them and only one had any vibe which I was considering on buying, Glade I didnt buy cause I would never had found the Nash,
    Brian at SuperSoundMusic had the 63 and a 57 and the neck on the nash 57 is like the Nocaster fat neck,It played great also I just felt the 63 was closer to my old 66 and thats why I purchased it.
    The relic job is as good as Fender puts out and everyone that here,s and see it have good things to say,
    Except all the women ask why it,s not shiney for a new guitar?
    They just dont understand us.
    ,:dude

4. tthompso7

tthompso7 Guest

I just sold a Nash Tele in the emporium.... The Nash Tele can hang with any Tele period. As far as palyability is concerned, I A/B's this one with a bunch of Suhr Tele's and it was a no brainer. And I LOVE Suhr Tele's. You won't be disappointed with his guitars. You will however have to wait to get one! Seems he doesn't make a lot of these....

5. Sonic Reducer

Sonic Reducer Member

I was going to ask if the finish looked more like honey blonde vs. the butterscotch finish on the 52 RI

6. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

I want one, I want one.. gimme gimme...

oh sorry, I reverted to my youth...

7. SouthernShred

SouthernShred Member

I played one of his Esquire's with the hidden neck pickup and it killed every relic Nocaster I've tried. The feel and playability...wow.

8. kingsleyd

kingsleyd Frikkin genyus Gold Supporting Member

Aside from the "which guitar is better" question, you might want to consider that the going price of Cunetto-era relics has increased by about 25% over the past 3 years. I know nothing's definite with relatively new guitars, but the Cunetto relics seem a good bet to appreciate even more over time relative to, say, a Nash, or anything you might buy with the money from the price difference. They fulfill the two main requirements: 1. a limited supply (Vince C doesn't do them any more), and 2. they have an aura of being "better" than comparable instruments. (the aura, or perception, is all-important here)

Oh, and 3. they say "Fender" on the headstocks. For whatever reason, that has always conferred a certain amount of market value. At least with Teles and Strats.

And you did say that you love this guitar. That should count for something too.

9. Balance

Balance Member

Agreed. If you love the guitar and you don't absolutely need the money, I'd hold onto it at least until I had played something I like better. I've heard and read too many tales of men who've sold their favorite guitar looking for something better and regretting it ever since.

10. amishengine

amishengine Member

I just picked up a nash t-63 in atlanta last weekend ... it is unreal. i've never been a huge fan of custom aged or relic guitars, so i wasn't too keen on the idea when i first heard of nash guitars ... then i played one. It feels like I've played this guitar for 40 years ... I've honestly never felt a better fit for my hands ... do it. you will not regret it ....

micah

11. mainsale

mainsale Member

I've had my Nash "Keef" Tele for some years now and it's not going anywhere. The body is more Amber than yellow (my spec) and the neck has an aysemetrical carve that I absolutely love. The pickups are by Lollar. The happy suprise was just how well it plays. I'd recommend a Nash guitar without reservation!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  12. jayn

jayn Member

Would you be saving a lot of money by buying a Vinetto relic? I'd look there first since it's made by the same guy.

13. Amplite

Amplite Member

Please tell me about the hidden neck pickup!!:crazyguy

How did it sound? What kind of pickup?

14. Dizzie

Dizzie Member

well at the risk of death and dismemberment....one dissenting vote. I've played 3 Nash strats and don;t think much of them. As an affordable relic, they're cool. Quality was just OK. The guitars just weren't very resonant and rather lifeless. Bad pieces of wood maybe but a Nash would be quite low on a my choice of reliced Teles. One of the best relic Tele copies I've played was a Bacchus Macawber. Some of the Edwards reliced stuff is comparable.

The hidden pickup on my Fender Stealth Esquire is a regular tele neck pickup. I suspect that most stealth copies would be similar.

15. Jellecaster

Jellecaster Member

I just bought this one:

[​IMG]

According to FedEx, I'll have it Saturday. :drool

16. m@2

m@2 Member

u guys are killing me with those Nash Teles!!! DANG those are nice.

17. Bluewail

Bluewail Silver Supporting Member

I guess I'll be another dissenter. I've played a number of Nash's guitars, some great others not so great. They seem to be pretty variable vs the the Nocasters which to my ears, are very consistent in tone & feel piece to piece. I also think a number of the relic jobs on the Nashs I've seen are overdone. In the end, if the guitar speaks to you, it's right for you.

18. Jellecaster

Jellecaster Member

I already have three Tele Relics (well, one is a Nocaster). I was looking very seriously at the new, Limited Edition '52 Heavy Relic. The problem is that those are selling for around $4k. I thought that I would take a shot at the Nash because it has the look that I'm after (beat to hell) and I've heard very good things.

A review will follow as soon as I get my hands on it.

19. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

20. MarcFord

MarcFord Senior Member