Will Marshawn Lynch bail on Seattle?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by twinrider1, Feb 2, 2015.

1. twinrider1

twinrider1 Member

A little background...
    Seattle has the ball on the 1 yard line, with a time out and :26 seconds left. Instead of giving it to Beast Mode, they try a pass and are intercepted. Patriots win.

Will that call fester in Marshawn's craw? Will there be such a philosophical divide that Marshawn decides he can't be on a team that doesn't lean on him when it counts?

I do.

(Checking flights from SEA to DFW).

2. Bunky

Bunky Member

Wasn't he quoted after the game saying "it's a team sport." Seemed like he didn't harbour any ill will if thats the case. I hope he goes somewhere else though, Seattle is such a grungy city.

3. zztomato

zztomato Supporting Member

As someone rightly pointed out, with 3 plays left, one time out and very little time left, one of those plays was going to be a pass. Patriots were expecting Lynch to run- as were the rest of us- so that's when you surprise them with a pass. Didn't work. If the ball was caught for the win, everybody would call it brilliant. That's football.

4. specialidiot

specialidiot most likely to seceede Supporting Member

Exactly, but a quick dump over the middle was high risk. Maybe it would be better to roll out and find the open man, run it in if it's there or throw it out the back if nothing developed.

5. Polynitro

Polynitro Member

yes its obvious to anyone you give the ball to the best player on the team.
    they didnt do that=fail

why was one play going to be a pass?

hes at the 5. runs 4 yards. hes at the 1...lets pass! so stupid.

1 play hes in the endzone.

6. figgy

figgy Member

Well, the thing is, Lynch can pretty much fall forward and get a yard, so, not to give him a shot at it was really dumb.

7. figgy

figgy Member

While there are no guarantees he'd have scored, I sure like his chances in that situation.

8. zztomato

Not always, not in that situation. Anyway, easy to be armchair QB this morning. I'm sure there was a "better" pass play to take but, whatever.

9. figgy

figgy Member

Precisely in that situation, but I'm not going to argue about it.

10. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

I doubt it, before the game they reported Seattle was going to make him an offer to keep him there for the rest of his career, why start over? He is on one of the best teams, and they want to keep him, he is also getting on in age and probably only has a few really good years left.

11. twinrider1

twinrider1 Member

Ok, but to a guy with 18 catches in 4 years?

I do think Seattle get too cute. I'm fine with it early in a game. But late in the game there's no time to recover.

12. Roman4405

Roman4405 Member

Have you watched football before? Lynch truly is a beast but when there's 9 defenders right up in the LOS it's not as easy as just falling into the endzone. I also heard a stat on ESPN that Lynch had 5 rushes from the 1 yard line this year and got a TD on 1 of them. So yeah, not really a sure thing.

That being said I still think they shoulda given him the ball but whatever...

13. zztomato

What I mean is, he does get stopped sometimes and then it's a pass play if he doesn't make it. I'm not arguing, I'm totally with you and the majority on the call. Wilson and PC both have regrets over that call and I'm sure would love to have it back. The Seahawks are a great team- been a fan since the early 90s- they've always provided an entertaining game and last night was no exception./

14. jtm622

jtm622 Member

Seattle is oftentimes prone to "living on the edge" with their offensive play calling, and it has usually worked out OK for them...
    Luck has been with them to even get to the Super Bowl - as is evidenced by the Green Bay "implosion..." They simply went to the well one too many times, and their luck just ran out...
    The reality is that NE's Butler stayed alert and made a great play intercepting Wilson's pass - even as everybody in the world was expecting "run"...
    The Pats were not caught with their pants down at the goal line -
    so; how about a little credit for the Pats' defense here???
    When opportunity knocked, the Pats were READY...

15. NorCal_Val

NorCal_Val Member

Another question is how many of their top players will Seattle be able
    to hang on to next year when Wilson gets $20m?

16. fisticuffs

fisticuffs Member

At his age and position even Beast Mode is going to have limited options. He could very well get a short deal from a contender, but he's already on one. He's not going anywhere. Nobody backs up the money truck for a back his age, especially teams that compete.

17. Polynitro

Polynitro Member

thats the only question. obviously they would want to keep beastmode if they can afford it.

franchise QBs are not as easy to find as good rbs.
    its a no brainer to pay whatever it takes to keep wilson.

18. FlackBase

FlackBase Felonious Monkey Gold Supporting Member

Thank you for axing

19. Misterbulbous

Misterbulbous Member

i don't have factual data but quite a bit was discussed on ESPN about Seattle and Lynch typically struggling in that 1~2 yard gain situation at the goal line. That being said, I would think they would have some extra gusto for a run play - given that it's for a Super Bowl win.

20. Jason UP

Jason UP Supporting Member

thought I saw on Rotoworld where they offered a multi-year extension to Beast Mode last week (~$10m for '15 alone) pre-SB, so I think he's sticking around.