Will Teese update my RMC3?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by trumpus, Feb 17, 2008.

1. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

Before I go ahead and bother Geoffrey with a stupid question, I was wondering if anyone here has had him update/overhaul their wah to current specs?

I've got an older RMC3 (built in 2000, no FFT, sealed pots, etc). This year I've already replaced the pot with a replacement I got from direct from Teese, and replaced the switch. The wah is generally noisy, but regardless, I would be interested in having GRT go over it, make sure everything is in tip top shape, and if possible, update it to current specs with sealed pots and the FFT.

Is this possible? Anyone had it done?

Brian

2. trumpus

Bump - anyone?

Brian

3. stinkfoot

stinkfoot Member

AFAIK, the new spec wahs use a completely redesigned circuit board, so it's probably not possible to simply update the existing pedal. If you want the FFT, have a Foxrox Wah retrofit installed in your pedal and you should get fairly close.

/Andreas

4. trumpus

Bump - anyone know if GRT will update an older wah?

5. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

I recently had him put the new sealed pot in my RMC3, he did it for a very reasonable price. I didn't inquire about anything more extensive than that.

jc

6. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

Sure he will. It will run you about $255usd.:AOK

7. Rob Sharer

Rob Sharer Muso-Luthier

He will of course update your wah - just spiffed up my RMC1 - but I believe he's about to move his shop across the country so you may want to email him first to make sure he's able to accomodate you timing-wise. Cheers,

Rob

8. Curly

Curly Member

I can't answer for Geoffrey, but speaking from my own experience, he is quick to respond, and extremely helpful.

I think you should have no qualms about contacting him.

9. improv4

improv4 Member

Yeah, contact him. He's looking to have his move complete no later than April 1st. Check his site for any updates. As previously stated, there's probably a limit to what he can update if the boards are different. The pot and the Foxrox retrofit, I'm betting he can do. Any contact I've had with him has been quick and very accomodating. Just remember though, if he's in mid move he may not be able to respond as well as usual.

10. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

You guys really should not speak for Geoffrey.
    He can replace the pot.He can replace the switch.He can service the board. But what is being asked here is not gona happen. How do I know and how can I speak for Geoffrey?? I picked up the phone,asked him about what was being discussed here and now you have the answer.If you need an explanation ask Geoffrey.What a concept giving him a call or email:jo
    Try taking your 2000 Chevrolet to a dealer and get it updated to 2008 specs.:messedup

11. ChazMania

ChazMania Silver Supporting Member

I just bought an RMC3 off ebay....I think seller said it's an older one....what's the difference with the new ones? What is FFT mentioned above?

thanks-

12. Wesman61

Wesman61 Member

I called GT once. He answered the phone and talked with Me!:eek: Seriously GT is one of the coolest Dudes around. Give Him a call.

13. trumpus

I have traded many an e-mail with GRT and know that he is quick to respond. While I appreciate your call and the info, what was being asked in this thread was HAS GRT DONE THIS FOR SOMEONE ELSE - a question anyone other than GRT is more than qualified to answer. This was to avoid pestering him with stupid questions while he prepares to move shop.

Brian

14. jb1911

jb1911 Member

Ya, because a car and a wah are about the same thing.
    :confused:

15. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

'HAS GRT DONE THIS FOR SOMEONE ELSE "
    Unfortunatly to update your RMC to current specs would require RMC to have to install the new Board in your case.That would mean one less RMC3 wah out to the dealers.So your cost for the mod would be equal to that of the new Wah. The actual Wah Circuit has not changed so the tone would be the same. Dave Fox can install an FFT as can Analogman.Geoffrey can and will replace the old pot and switch.Cost wise on that being the age of the wah I could not say.Hope this helps.
    Stinkfoot answered your question and so did I. You won't find any (ONE) special person that RMC did something for.Geoffrey treats everyone the same.You see a RMC wah on someones board,Star or no Star,they purchased it just like we did.

16. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

No. Business is Business. ;)
    The new Boards will NOT fit in the old Cases.

17. jb1911

jb1911 Member

C'mon maing, that was a terrible analogy.:rolleyes:

18. RickB

RickB Member

:crazy:NUTS Wow......

19. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

I Know I know:rolleyes: Guilty as Charged.
    I'm glad the Internet Police were watching.;)