Will the Palisades do Timmy?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by KissTone, May 31, 2015.

1. KissTone

KissTone Supporting Member

Just as the title says, can the EQD Palisades be set to get the same effect as a Timmy OD? Replacing my Timmy and FDII with a single box has me tempted. ;)

2. ispunk

ispunk Supporting Member

Timmy isn't that kind of boy. He doesn't let another pedal come along and just "do" him ;)

el guapo likes this.
  3. papersun

papersun Member

Nowhere near it.

4. KissTone

Really? Are they so different that all of Palisades tweaks won't take it into Timmy territory?

5. esmith747

esmith747 Member

No. Timmy is Timmy. Let him be!

6. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

I have owned both. The Palisades was too complicated for me, so I am not able to answer the question. :(

7. cosmic_ape

cosmic_ape Supporting Member

With lots of trial and error, you may find some similar settings. But the Timmy's Bass and Treble cut knobs take it to different places. The Palisades only has a tone knob. The Palisades is a more versatile TS-style pedal. I use it as such, with a low, a medium setting and take advantage of the boost switch as well. I am currently using the Timmy to tighten the bass and push my fuzz pedals. When I boost fuzz with the Palisades, even at low gain settings, the tone gets squished and nasally sounding. With the Timmy, it just sings!

8. tomuchroc41gtr

tomuchroc41gtr Supporting Member

Yeah, for the brief time that I had the Palisades, you'll never get the tight bass response that you can get with a Timmy...at least going into a clean amp anyway. One of the main reasons that I didn't hang on to the Palisades. A little woofy for my tastes.

9. Veritas

Veritas Silver Supporting Member

The Palisades is not meant to have any setting that would cop a Timmy tone. Either way, I own the Palisades and find it to be an exceptional design. It's very easy to set up and get 3 great levels of drive, more drive, and boost. Great pedal.

It is based on the TS topology, but when played next to an actual TS or Fulldrive, the Palisades is much more open sounding and much less compressed.

10. jordane93

jordane93 Member

Yea, this.

11. KissTone

Thanks for all of the replies. I guess I'll hang on to that Timmy after all. The FD2, on the other hand . . . ;)