Will the Strymon El Capistan play well with SLO 100?

nolenuttt

Platinum Supporting Member
Either through the loop, which I know is quite fussy, or better yet, the front end of the amp, so as not to mess the amp's great tone? The Peter Thorn demo on YouTube sounded pretty amazing...

nolenuttt

Anyone have any opinions or experience? Or a better pedal alternative? I'd really like to have a great delay/reverb for the amp-Love the amp, but...

nolenuttt

Yes, but I know that some stomp boxes supposedly will work well in the loop, or even in front of the amp, such as a TC Nova Delay- That's what I'm trying to find out-The El Capistan sounds amazing, but are there better alternatives? I really don't want to go with rack effects, as I have some really great pedals that I enjoy using-

nolenuttt

Anyone have an opinion or any experience? Really looking for a time delay or ambient solution-:huh:omg

dshobe

Rocky Mountain Way
Gold Supporting Member
I don't have any experience with the amp, but the El Cap has adjustable boost/cut of 3 dB. It is a secondary function of the mix knob. You should be able to make it work in the loop or out front.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Stevo57

The Flint I owned played nice in or out of the loop of my Carol Ann OD3R. The El Cap is from the same series so I would bet it will be fine.

nolenuttt

Super-The quality of the sound with the Strymon effects is really impressive-The book on the loop of the Soldano is that it's fussy, and the presence of anything in the loop degrades the tone-really wanting to use the effects on the front end-