Will there be a guitar shortage?

DRS

Go into any chain music store - -what do you see? Dozens upon dozens of guitars from $100 to $5,000 and up. All unsold. Some from years ago. Used guitars by the truck load on craigslist, Reverb etc.

blues junkie

Hello,

This is not to start any political stuff.

With whats going on in the world and with China now saying they might place some American companies on "Unreliable Entities List", do you think America and China are about to go into a trade war that will affect even music equipment made in China?

I checked on several online sites and seems some of the Epiphones and other brands that are made in China are still not in stock and still showing coming.

First masks and now guitars.
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :jo :jo :jo :jo

Rouge Delta

No but I’ve seen amps and other new stuff dry up due to lack of production. I think it’s mostly want type stuff so if it’s gone for a year and then comes back, no one but the stores selling will really notice.
When I found out that D'Addario was shut down, and that guitar players were on "stay at home" orders, I bought strings.

Many many sets of new strings...

COYS

Personally I'm going to do my best to minimize my purchases of anything from China in the future as much as possible.

bluegrif

Eastman is the only one I'd be at all concerned about. Great handmade instruments and none of this is the fault of the fine luthiers at Eastman.

LikeLinus

Nope. The amount of guitars in Ochanomizu will keep the world afloat for the next 5 years. :D

Been there 3 times in the past 8 years, it's pretty much Mecca.

LJOHNS

No shortage. The market is already flooded with new and used. I hope the price on some of the older classics start to come down as the boomers start dumping them...

Trending Topics