Winter 2007 TGP Pedalboard Competition - Best Bass Board

Best Bass Board

• Dancehall

• BassPlayerJosh

• Dudeofmusic

Results are only viewable after voting.
I primarily play bass. I had to vote based off of what I thought was cool.

Dude of Music's would be awesome to play, but as a touring musician, Solid, easy, well organized, and simple win for me. But seriously, Moogerfooger and Bass Micro Synth?! I could live next to that board.

Bass Player Josh had a super sweet board and it was clean and well thought out. Very nice. Missing a few things that I, as a player, find essential. But SOOO nice looking.

But most appealing to me, personally, was DanceHall's. Nice use of the standard bass pedals (Big Muff, Sansamp, and a comp) along with a couple sweet add on's (Boss CE-5 and Reverend Drivetrain II). Seemed very well balanced.

I loved this category. I can't help it.

So many great boards in this thing so far.

Everyone has done a bang up job!!!

Tim

yorick

I voted for "dude"s board--it looks like a blast to play.

But I must admit that the plex-glass coolness of Josh's board made it a tough choice.

WillHardy

But most appealing to me, personally, was DanceHall's. Nice use of the standard bass pedals (Big Muff, Sansamp, and a comp) along with a couple sweet add on's (Boss CE-5 and Reverend Drivetrain II). Seemed very well balanced.

I loved this category. I can't help it.

So many great boards in this thing so far.

Everyone has done a bang up job!!!

Tim
Could not have said it better myself!

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Supporting Member
dude, that's a messy board but how could i not vote for it?

giggedy

to be fair to the dude, a lot of those wires above his board are mine. I STILL don't have a board yet, so my stuff is a mess.

greatbigz

I thought that Josh's stuff was just laying on the bed and I thought "that's a pretty awkward board to be toting around...then I saw the plexi...that made it for me.

dudeofmusic

Thanks! I know my board is a bit of a mess - I made the mistake of buying a furman. If only I had been a member of TGP back then, I'd have known better.

The path is a bit hard to follow. It goes: VP > OC-3 > SB1 > Micro Synth > Multi-Chorus > BOB > OD/Distortion > EQ > PH3 > BF-2 > MF-101 & EXP-1

It's always a work in progress (big plans for it in '08)...not sure if it's an obsession or an addiction.

Josh - plexi glass is awesome!
Dancehall - love the clock - is it tough to read live?

dancehall

Dancehall - love the clock - is it tough to read live?
The clock left almost a day after that because it turned out to be a total POS. That spot now reserved for a simple digital clock with a good light, which is amazingly difficult to find.

Love your board, by the way; our boards are clearly designed for different kinds of bands, but I'd sure love to demo your setup for a while!

g-nem

The clock left almost a day after that because it turned out to be a total POS. That spot now reserved for a simple digital clock with a good light, which is amazingly difficult to find.
Too True- but I guess battery powered backlit clocks don't make sense. I got a really large display digital that works fine, never been not able to see it. Orignally I had planned to wire up an LED pointing at it but never needed too.

dudeofmusic

Keith SIO - The Mammoth is next on my list. I've tracked one down here in Colorado. I'm also looking into a B:Assmaster or Micro Pog, and an AnalogMan Comp (although I've just begun researching compressors). Compressor recommendations are welcome!

dancehall & g-nem - thanks for the feedback. I'm not looking forward to having to sacrifice some real estate for a clock, but it's becoming a necessity for live shows.

g-nem - do you have any pics? Curious to see how you managed the clock.

Trending Topics