Winter 2007 TGP Pedalboard Competition - Best Mass Produced Board

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Guitar Josh, Jan 22, 2008.

Best Mass Produced Board

1. AJ Rocker

2. Jaywalker

3. Homestar Kevin

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

2. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

Wow!
    The only time in my life I've ever seen two DOD bi-fet preamps in one thread.
    Great pedal, so universal as a solo booster, acoustic preamp and clean boost. Been on my board for 15 years.

3. Timmylikesthing

Timmylikesthing Member

Nice. So many great pedals. I'm glad to see so many great "cheap" pedals on a single board.

Everything looked so great. This is tough!!

Good Job!

Tim

4. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

Not all of them were cheap!!! I suppose it depends on how much u earn vs. spend.....
    and what's available where u live.
    If I still lived in England this board would be full of booteek glory!!!!

5. g-nem

g-nem Member

Is there a tap tempo button connected to one of your dd5's, jaywalker? That might make or break my vote on this one! :)

6. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

They are DD3s actually one MIJ, one MIT, the second magicstomp handles all multiband delays and U2/satriani/Holdsworth type stuff.

The DD3s are there for off the cuff stuff and doubling/standard delays when I need the two yamahas for pitch shift/harmonisers and multi band delays.

7. RDM

RDM Senior Member

It's a close race so far!

8. g-nem

g-nem Member

That's always been my biggest gripe about the magicstomps is lack of tap tempo, or some kind of tempoe sync. What an amazing pedal other than that! You've got a really nice board- I'm just surprised you don't find a tempo delay a must have.

9. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

Not on this board, It's more for presise rehearsed work.
    The AC runs to another acoustic magicstomp BTW, I can run both the electric signal and acoustic sim simultaneously into one amp by sending the AC signal to my FX return. Monster sound, just like the van halen "can't stop lovin' you' intro.
    There's a great little nobels signal splitter under the noise suppressor to send the signal 3 ways - tuner, electric and AC.
    The second magicstomp has a number of presets that are clones of my amp for emergencies such as tubes blowing.
    The board switches to battery backup automaticaly if the power supply cuts out for any reason, no need to disconect the power leads.

The A/B box serves for when I run my acoustic through the board (also for the aforementioned amp blowing scenario) - I simply flip it into the PA, the first magicstomp features lots of acoustic/mandolin/banjo/violin presets too so this really helps with multi instrumental gigs.

10. homestar_kevin

homestar_kevin Member

I have a tap tempo on my dd5:munch

11. Andy J.

Andy J. Member

This was a tough one... In the end, something 'bout AJ's board just made me vote for it.

12. jaywalker

jaywalker Member

I like all the boards in all the categories, can I vote for them all??????

It might be cool if the owners explained any hidded/special functions too - something that sets their board apart from the norm, that would be real educational for us all I'm sure.

13. Dandy13

Dandy13 Member

i voted homestar!
    bump

14. BassPlayerJosh

BassPlayerJosh Member

I had to go with Homestar on this one, his blend of pedals just came across as the most useable. Although the other boards looked really fun, dual magicstomps and whatnot.