• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Winter NAMM 2021 Canceled :(

Mikeyx13

It's going to be interesting with manufactures and how they do product announcements. I'm sure we will all miss the hype and fun of NAMM. I've been going in person the last few years and will miss it.

Last edited:

Most of them announce online in the weeks leading to NAMM anyway, or do the dumb teaser routine. It’s a bummer to miss on all the fanfare though.

I highly doubt that will change, with companies knowing the time of year people keep theirs eyes peeled and care.

Sweetfinger

Silver Supporting Member
Just saw the press release. This may be middling news to most of TGP but it's big. This will have ripple effects throughout the industry.

Just saw the press release. This may be middling news to most of TGP but it's big. This will have ripple effects throughout the industry.
I've heard that the most valuable part of NAMM is the on the floor interactions between retailers and gear makers. Retail employees get to really see what is exciting the consumers, and often work out purchase order there in person, so you're totally right. If anything, I bet this hurts the mid-size and small-size companies significantly. As well as any new companies that use NAMM as their introduction to the world.

Screwball

Everyone’s going to have to ramp up their YouTube game!
it is already regurgitated. As a consumer, it is nice when a new pedal comes out and I have 10 consistent reviews out.

as just a viewer looking for something to inspire me or entertain, it can be a bit tiring seeing everyone do the same thing all the time.

I’m noticing people like Keith Merrow and Ola are ditching the “FAQ Monday” routine, which is really nice. That means they have to be more creative and put new ideas out. They are sticking their necks out because people for some reason are so into faq’s.

reaction videos are another one that sort of irks me. Seems dramatic and pretentious. “Vocal lessons instructor reacting to puddle of mud singing nirvana” :bonk

Trending Topics