Wire on-board tremolo to be "footswitchable"?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by Ryguy, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Ryguy

Ryguy Supporting Member

I just picked up a Morgan "Custom Tweed 19" that has both reverb and tremolo, and which didn't come with a footswitch. I emailed the builder to ask if the 'verb and tremolo could be turned on/off with a footswitch and if so, whether or not a standard 2-button switch would work. The answer was "reverb only."

For my uses, having the reverb work with a footswitch is pretty much useless, whereas I really need to be able to activate the tremolo that way.

My question is whether or not that is a relatively simple mod. There is an input on the chassis for the verb switch, and I would be happy to sacrifice having the 'verb activated via footswitch if necessary.

I will have a local amp tech take care of it, but getting him on the phone can be a challenge, and was hoping someone here could chime in with some insight.

thanks!

2. xtian

xtian Member

Would need to see schematic. On vintage Fender amps, the tremolo defeatable by simply grounding the input of the modulator. Super easy mod, and running a long ground wire to a footswitch doesn't add any noise.

[​IMG]

3. Ryguy

Ryguy Supporting Member

Thanks so much for the reply. No schematic here unfortunately, so it may be in for a trip to the bench.