Wireless Busking Amp for playing with Quiet Drummer?

GuitarArt1980

My drummer and I are looking into doing some busking around town. I'm playing acoustic guitar and singing and he is playing a stripped down kit with brushes at low volumes.

For example: Our practice volume is almost low enough for my vocals to be heard clearly without a mic. almost.

Would a battery powered amp like the Roland Cube Street (EX) or AC-33 have enough power to amplify both guitar and vocals, without distortion, when used alongside a quiet drummer?

Rod

Tone is Paramount
I’ve heard great things about the Fishman Mini loud box. Do a search on here.... It has plenty of volume for what you want and they have a battery version that is called the Charge

Jon Silberman

10Q Jerry & Dickey
Silver Supporting Member
My drummer and I are looking into doing some busking around town. I'm playing acoustic guitar and singing and he is playing a stripped down kit with brushes at low volumes.

For example: Our practice volume is almost low enough for my vocals to be heard clearly without a mic. almost.

Would a battery powered amp like the Roland Cube Street (EX) or AC-33 have enough power to amplify both guitar and vocals, without distortion, when used alongside a quiet drummer?
I own a Street Cube. In my opinion, yes if your drummer truly is a "quiet drummer." This being said, the newish Fishman Loudbox Charge sure looks sweet! (It's also more expensive.)

davidespinosa

Supporting Member
Yes. They're intended for that.
Many acoustic-amp makers have a battery-powered version.

Trending Topics