Wireless earbuds recommendation for...

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Tiboy, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Tiboy

Tiboy Supporting Member

Apple Watch, iPhone and iPad. Must be exercise friendly. Thanks for any suggestions.

2. newb3fan

newb3fan Member

The powerbeats wireless are comfortable and reliable and I've never run them all the way out of charge before being able to plug them back in. I use them in every application I have including fitness. I've gone through a lot of different wired and wireless earbuds in the last few years and would recommend these.

3. DTuned

DTuned Supporting Member

I first tried the Bose Soundsport. They were really slick connecting to my iPhone, but the gym is a noisy place with its own soundtrack; I didn't like the amount of sound leaking in.

I then tried the Beats X. These are also real slick connecting to iPhone and Apple Watch. I decided they have a little more noise isolation, so I returned the Bose and kept the Beats. The "collar" on the Beats tends to fall down when doing exercises on my back, but that's kind of the nature of things. Bose has a totally wireless version, but those buds are a little heavy. I always felt like the Soundsport buds were going to fall out. I'm happy with the Beats. I wear them to the gym for three times and then recharge them even though there is still significant charge left.

4. realmacaroni

realmacaroni Supporting Member

are u specifically not wanting the airpods?

5. Unnecessary

Unnecessary Member

Nobody wants the airpods, lol. They sound totally meh and the hard plastic design is not meant for human ears. Whoever designs earbuds for Apple should be fired.

6. realmacaroni

i disagree

mycroftxxx and tigerfan2 like this.
  7. Unnecessary

Unnecessary Member

I don't know, everyone I know who has used them hates them. I literally can't even smile with mine in or one will fall out. Luckily I didn't pay for them.
    As to the OP, I have had decent luck with Skull Candy bluetooth earbuds even though I hate their on-ear headphones, not sure how good they'd be for the gym, though.

8. karmadave

karmadave Member

JayBirds are pretty decent Bluetooth earbuds. Especially for runners...

9. Tiboy

Tiboy Supporting Member

Thanks guys. I’m going to give the Powerbeats a try.

10. tigerfan2

tigerfan2 Supporting Member

Jay birds typically get good reviews, but I just got some AirPods and I like them. No wire is nice and they fit my ears well.

I think they sound pretty good. They don’t sound as good as my wired headphones but no earbuds do

11. realmacaroni

Yeah my airpods fit great. I wouldn’t use’em for a long run, but they’re good for a jog, afternoon of vigorous yardwork, a skate, cruisin around the shop workin

Also I think they sound pretty good. Bass is there, volume, stereo is solid. And the phone convos are crystal, nobody knows different if I’m on my pods or not when talking. Haven’t flown with them, would prob prefer my in-ears that block more noise. And still use my bose big dogs for vinyl but thats different.

Fit might be a factor, and they can’t be for everybody, but worth a look

12. tiktok

tiktok Supporting Member

I see a lot of AirPods in use at the gym.

13. Lamby

Lamby Member

I use the Bose SoundSport buds at the gym and really like them.

14. jape

jape Member

I just picked up a pair of Phaiser wireless earbuds.

Recommended by a co-worker + inexpensive + 4.5 stars & over 5K reviews on Amazon, so I decided to give them a try. I hadn't even heard of this brand.

I wish I could tell you how great they are, but they just arrived yesterday & I haven't even had a chance to use them yet. I'll try to remember to report back in a few days.

15. jmontgomery

jmontgomery Supporting Member

I'm happy with my airpods.

16. Tiboy

Tiboy Supporting Member

I went with the Beats 3X. Easy synch and great sound from the iPhone 6. They won’t connect to the Apple Watch 3. I bought them specifically to use with the watch while exercising.