• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

wireless headphones...whats good?

dazco

Keeping in mind i'd like to stay under $100, has anyone had enough experience with them to really know what the good ones really are? i see so many reviews that tell of horror stories with pretty much every model out there aside from the very expensive ones, i'm afraid to buy anything. I'm not looking for fantastic sound. Just something without abnormal hiss or cutouts or weak batteries, that kind of thing. Decent sound that doesn't fry your ears after a 1/2 hour and a reliable link and battery are all i need. Anything out there like that w/o paying a fortune? For the record it's use will be for silent practice. i will put a modeler into my PC's lin in and use it to jam along with mp3's using the wireless phones plugged into my PC speakers.

LSchefman

Nothing's even close to wired cans. I've got a pair of Sennheisers that sound decent, in the way listening to an FM radio sounds decent, but not great in comparison to the actual recording of the tracks.

Still, I find them occasionally useful for when I have to walk around setting up mics, etc. (I like to listen to the mic in the cans to hear how I'm setting it up).

Still, not the best approach. Fine for jamming to a PC. You will get dropouts occasionally no matter what.

dazco

Well, an occasional dropout isn't a problem. If it happens a lot, say every minute or less then i'd have an issue. But i will be within 8-10 of the transmitter at all times. as for quality, i'm not sure of your idea of that is, but i'm willing to take a hit to some degree. i don't expect wired sound, but on the other hand just how bad IS it compared to wired? Is it going to be like listening to AM radio with static and all or what. If it sounds like a $5 set of coby mp3 player phones or that sorta thing then i'd have to pass.

dazco

thats does look great, but at $120 plus at least $30 for a decent set of headphones it more than i want to spend. I'd really like to spend under $100 but am willing to go TO $100, not past tho.

Trending Topics