Wireless - One receiver / three transmitters

multivir

Hi,

I'm looking at different wireless systems. I gig with 3 guitars and would like to switch fast between them and not make a mess with all the cables.

I currently own a Sennheiser G2, but I'm ok with buying something new if I can't achieve what I want with what I currently have.

So here's my question: Can I just get two extra transmitters and use all three at once (and just turn the volume down or switch off transmitters that I don't use) or do I really need three different wireless systems?

I think I once read that the Line 6 stuff can handle two transmitters, but there's something weird with the order that you have to switch the transmitters / receiver on & off.

I don't necessarily want to spend too much money on the whole thing and rather buy one high quality system with extra transmitters than go for 3 cheap ones.

Will I run into any issues if the pickups of the 3 guitars have different output levels?

Does anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks for your help,

M.

groovemeister

i use to gig in the nineties in a rolling stones tribute show using 3 electric guitars and 1 acoustic. i had three transmitters and it worked perfectly. to change guitars i would switch of the transmitter on my strap, pick up the next guitar and turn on its transmitter etc. worked perfectly. people thought it was a crazy waste of cash but i found i could switch guitars lightning fast. only time i ever ran into a problem was when i was touring in new zealand but that was some weird frequency problem not related to having three transmitters - 20 years later im sure the wireless systems must be better anyway,
as for output levels of different pickups/guitars you could incorporate something like an mxr micro amp or any pure clean boost if you have a problem

multivir

I just called up the Sennheiser rep and he said that it would work with 3 bodypacks, but since they're using the frequencies of my old system for cell phones these days, the receiver has to be upgraded which costs almost as much as a new one.

Any suggestions regarding a new digital system that is able to handle multiple transmitters?

slap_back05

I used to do this with the Line 6 system. Had 4 electrics with individual transmitters to one receiver and it worked perfectly.

Trending Topics