• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Wireless system for bass?

skullfunkerry

Since I got a Line6 X2 the bass player in my rock band has decided he wants to go wireless too, and has found this:

http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG03439

Anyone got any experience of this? The first line, about bass usually working fine through a guitar system but not being ideal sounds equal parts plausible and BS!

Any other suggestions? He's not looking to spend X2 amounts of money, besides which they're still not officially available over here yet...

syxxstring

Look at the specs of whatever he's looking at, it will give a frequency range. As long as his instrument is in the specs it should be fine. I'm too tired and lazy to google the frequency range of a bass at this moment.

woodsideh

I use an X2 with my bass. I like it better than any I have owned or tried. Tell him to make sure to invest in an upgrade cable for the transmitter though. The one that comes with the unit is no good. The folks at Line 6 told me they have had some bad cables get out. Other than that I think he will be very pleased with the unit.

pedalhead

TBH i've nothing but bad stuff about these units.
by far the best bass specific wireless i found is the Nady encore 2 bass system.
Price wise it's about £100, but it out performs that price bracket by a long way!

Mickey Shane

apolitical
Gold Supporting Member
Sennhieser 1092D. I used one for many years. Rolls off at 20Hz. Also has a small screw adjustment so that you can A/B it with your favorite cable until the sound is matched. Set it and forget it. Sennheiser bought the rights to the X-wire.

Trending Topics