Wireless transmitters for acoustic guitars

navigate40

Hello

I have an inexpensive but highly rated Lekato WS-50 (5.8 GHz) wireless transmitter set for guitars.

Works very well, especially with an electric guitar. No latency issues, batt life is fine, no high pitched squeal. There seems to be little difference between it and using a cord, with an electric guitar.

Using it with an acoustic is a little different.

My main issue, when using it with an acoustic is that the lower frequency range seems to be accentuated to the point where there seems to be some sub sonic low freq transmission that can produce feedback, on an acoustic.

To be fair, I did not adjust the EQ settings on the guitar or amp and am sitting pretty close, when I try it. But...these are the same conditions when I would play using a cord, and don't have the above mentioned effect.

Has anyone else found this with wireless transmitters in general, or with any specific models? Or, not had any of these issues with some specific model?

Thanks

Steadfastly

Flat top guitars in general are more prone to feedback. The best solution is to get as far away from the amp/speakers as possible. Adjusting the frequency may help as well. Please keep us informed of your results.

navigate40

Hello

And thank you for the response. I probably wasn't very clear.

Feedback is not a concern. It is just an indicator of how the device is coloring the signal. Curious to see if this is common with all such devices or just this model.

Curious to understand if producing more lows, especially sub sonically, is a characteristic of these devices...or...if I should get a better one...or just forget it.

Thanks

NamaEnsou

Silver Supporting Member
I bought my first Shure GLXD16 for my acoustic and after being thoroughly happy with it, bought another for my electric setup. Perfectly transparent and trouble free.

navigate40

Thanks for the replies.

The Shure system is over $400. But, good to know that the technology is there to produce a transparent signal, that is not bass bias.

Nomadh, I would be very interested in the results of your testing your Ammoon. It looks identical to the Lekato I have.

Any reports of units under $100 that are not bass bias, specifically with an acoustic, would be appreciated. I wonder if the 2.4GHz units work differently than the 5.8.

Thanks

Steadfastly

Thanks for the replies.

The Shure system is over $400. But, good to know that the technology is there to produce a transparent signal, that is not bass bias.

Nomadh, I would be very interested in the results of your testing your Ammoon. It looks identical to the Lekato I have.

Any reports of units under $100 that are not bass bias, specifically with an acoustic, would be appreciated. I wonder if the 2.4GHz units work differently than the 5.8.

Thanks
Here you go.

navigate40

Xvive have a very good rep. Might have to try them. I have a friend who has a set. Should ask to borrow them.
Was hoping there might be a less expensive pair that were just as good.
Thanks

Steadfastly

Xvive have a very good rep. Might have to try them. I have a friend who has a set. Should ask to borrow them.
Was hoping there might be a less expensive pair that were just as good.
Thanks
I think the Donners are just as good. Remember this is an electronic device. They are made for peanuts. The price they are asking is reflective in most cases by the marketing.

Trending Topics