1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Wiring HELP

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by Chris R. Ruiz, May 24, 2011.

1. Chris R. Ruiz

Chris R. Ruiz Member

Hey so I have finally finished my senior project which is to build an electric guitar. Now I need guidance in properly installing the humbucker pick ups which i got from dragon fire and wiring it up. I have two humbuckers (which have a ground wire and should i ground the guitar), two vol pots, 1 push pull pot for coil tapping, and a 3 way switch and I need help with the wiring i ll post up the schematic if i have drawn it incorrectly. please help this is my first wiring a guitar and i do not have an idea as to what i am doing and i cant screw it up for the project is due next thursday.

2. hank57

hank57 Silver Supporting Member

Go here and you will find the humbucker tab, pull down till you see your configuration of pickups tone and volume pots. Also at the top of the tab for humbuckers is an explanation of how to look at your switch and use it correctly. Take your time!!!

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/

3. skydog

skydog Supporting Member

This! SD site is a lot of help.