• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Wiring Question ----> Hum

lb61906

I have a Gibson Les Paul that has some hum. I hear the hum even when my hand is covering the strings. If I touch either of the pickups, the noise goes away. I can see that there is a grounding wire from the volume pot to the tailpiece bushing. Any thoughts on how to remedy the issue?

thanks guys!!!!

Jo-Jo Beans

If the hum doesn't go away when you're touching the strings, then your bridge is not actually grounded, regardless of what the wire shows. It's possible the wire got frayed or got jiggled loose and is no longer connected to the bridge. Does the hum go away when you touch the bridge or tailpiece? Are you using coated strings like Elixirs or something? Have you adjusted your tailpiece or bridge action recently?