Wiring question (SPST tone pots)

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by tnjazz, Apr 16, 2016.

1. tnjazz

tnjazz Supporting Member

Ok, so I'm stumped. I'm not a rookie when it comes to guitar wiring but this is my first experience with these and they've got me scratching my head...

I've got a Les Paul with CTS SPST push pull tone pots. I'm trying to install a set of TV Jones Classic humbuckers and use the 4 wire option for coil splitting.

White goes to hot in the usual place. Then I've got black and bare and red and green pairs. The instructions say red and green go to ground for single coil mode.

So what goes where? Anyone familiar with SPST pots? Not a whole lot of information out there on these for some reason. They are the ones that come stock on many Gibsons these days. The typical 3 across the front, plus two terminals on top of the pot which I assume are to somehow shunt one coil to ground to achieve splitting.

I've tried everything I can think of and no dice. I can get humbuckers but not single coil mode, no matter what I do.

Can anyone here help?

2. tnjazz

tnjazz Supporting Member

These are the culprits...

[​IMG]