• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Wiring question

NoahL

I wired a bridge humbucker in parallel and with a coil split. The neck is a P90. When I have the humbucker in the regular parallel setting, its tone is weak and thin. The split position sounds good. Should I reverse the wires on the un-active coil of the humbucker? Gonna try that but any advice welcome.

Last edited:

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
that would be my guess; it also wouldn't hum-cancel if the one coil was backwards.

(as long as this isn't a stacked dimarzio area pickup, those just don't work in parallel.)

Yes, if 2 coils combined together sound thin and weak (usually nasal sounding as well), then they are connected "out of phase". What brand humbucker are you using? Below is a hookup diagram for a humbucker with series/parallel switching using DiMarzio color codes.

Regards,

Andy

Trending Topics