Wiring Suggestions

KennyPatrick

I have a Jazzmaster I am making. 2 p-90 dimarzio humbuckers, 1 vol, 1 tone, and 3 way. I want the tone switch to act as a push/pull for series/parallel. Is there a super switch that would allow me to do that, and not have to make both pots push/pull and have it setup for each pot. Just a push/pull on the tone.

Tonebender

Silver Supporting Member
-You can do that with the standard toggle switch using one push/pull pot.... PM me or make friends with Google search. ;)

KennyPatrick

But a push/pull would only allow it to happen with one pick up as a parallel series split. I would have to have two pots which would require me to push/pull the volume to engage one of the pick ups, I would like to have it all in the tone because of the placement of the volume pot. I don't want to install two toggles, at which that would do the trick, because it would ruin theblook and I don't want toggles

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
I want the tone switch to act as a push/pull for series/parallel.
you mean to turn both pickups from series to parallel with themselves? (as opposed to making them series or parallel with each other)

a fender S1 switching pot might have enough contacts to do that; you need 4PDT, to have DPDT (6 contacts) for each pickup.

Trending Topics