Wish a Kaoss Pad was made for Pedalboards

Rocksully

I was just thinking about how non-pedalboard friendly Korg Kaoss Pads are.
It would be amazing if Empress Effects, Meris, Keeley, Strymon, somebody created a Kaoss Pad that was built for pedalboards, with easy connectivity and no tone loss when not engaged.

pstrike

Yeah, it seems like a no brainer for Korg, since they already make pedals...but would you control it with your toes?

sleewell

has anyone seen the band starset? love what the singer does live with that big board, if they still use it. we opened for them a while back. reminds me of a big kaoss pad type of thing that is really cool for certain stuff.

axdxm

Silver Supporting Member
I had a Zoom multieffects unit that had a built in wah/expression pedal. The pedal was awesome in that you could not only move it up and down like a wah, but you could move it sideways (pivot at the toe) for an extra axis of control. You could assign any effect to it and any parameter to each axis. I loved assigning a delay and made the up/down parameter dry/wet and the sideways axis feedback. I could fade in the delay and do incredible psychedelic feedback swells and cut it off all in a fluid, musical motion. The only kicker was that you had to go through Zoom's preamp and you couldn't defeat it. It was also kind of big and clunky and I didn't want to use it in addition to another pedal board so I sold it. I would LOVE a standalone expression pedal that behaved that way. I've owned Kaoss pads as well and you have a similar vibe in that you can control two effects simultaneously depending on where you are in the grid (more of a parameter the higher you are in the y axis and more of a parameter more to the right on the x axis).

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
i've had a korg kaoss pad 2 on my board for years, love it:

have to use 1/4 phono to rca plugs, but i've made it work. but i always thought they should have made a version of this for guitar....seems like a no brainer....

Rocksully

I like to play my effects like an instrument, so it would be cool to have a kaoss pad on it that directly hooked up in the signal chain that allowed me to make some really cool sounds by manipulating my signal, and not generating a new tone.

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
about 10 years ago (or maybe more), there was an article I saw that Vernon Reid was using a Korg Kaoss pad mini in his set up...i think he had it mounted to one of his guitars....not sure how long he did it, i don't think i've seen any pics of him with it....

Dandolin

:dunno

works surprisingly well. 'tis yet another skill to work on, though.

still thinking about modding it to add an attack/decay circuit between the built-in distortion and kp input to add to the synthipotential.... :munch:phones

Last edited:

Trending Topics