Wish I could play guitar like Claudio Roditi plays trumpet

lemonpaul59

Don't get me wrong, I've been playing for a very long time and am still an extremely faster picker.

I can't do what Claudio does though. That high speed articulation, seems the human tongue is faster than the fingers.

Ditto sax, I listen to the late Mike Brecker or the very much alive Eric Alexander, just can't touch that kind of articulation at speed.

Flute too, David Valentin would kick my ass as well.

pbenn2112

Don't get me wrong, I've been playing for a very long time and am still an extremely faster picker.

I can't do what Claudio does though. That high speed articulation, seems the human tongue is faster than the fingers.

Ditto sax, I listen to the late Mike Brecker or the very much alive Eric Alexander, just can't touch that kind of articulation at speed.

Flute too, David Valentin would kick my ass as well.
Not sure what video you saw, but likely he trumpet player is doing something that I guess could relate to alternate picking. He's probably multiple tonguing, either double or triple. For example, normal trumpet articulation would feel like saying tah tah tah. Double tounging is like saying "tah kah". You can articulate a lot faster saying tah kah rather than just tah. Of course, it's harder to make it clean.

lemonpaul59

Not sure what video you saw, but likely he trumpet player is doing something that I guess could relate to alternate picking. He's probably multiple tonguing, either double or triple. For example, normal trumpet articulation would feel like saying tah tah tah. Double tounging is like saying "tah kah". You can articulate a lot faster saying tah kah rather than just tah. Of course, it's harder to make it clean.

Way way faster than a human can alternate pick.

I own a few of Claudio's CDs, unfortunately have never gotten to see him play live. Beautiful player, grew up in Brazil, educated by Berklee School of Music in Boston.

It's really good for jazz/fusion/blues guitar folks to listen to trumpet and sax solos.

tribalfusion

I wish Claudio Roditi could play like John Scofield but that's just my take on things :)

I'm a big fan of Mike Brecker though.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom