Wish list UFO:Strangers in the Night Live!

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by nlopez, Feb 9, 2012.

1. nlopez

nlopez Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't know how Vinnie Moore would feel about this, but I would love to see Michael and UFO get together to perform SITN live! Anyone else?

2. v-verb

v-verb Supporting Member

Yes Big Time!!

3. Bezzy

Bezzy Member

He has done all he can with UFO, nothing will top the original. Vinnie Moore is a good player but to me he does not fit with UFO. And Pete Way is not in the band any more.

4. Sancho

Sancho Member

Nope. Schenker has been on the edge of the abyss for years. Reuniting with Mogg is guaranteed to push him over.
    I saw UFO with Schenker in 2000, and it was an abominable performance. Horrible.

I think UFO are doing just fine with Moore, even if he wouldn't be my first choice for the gig (that would be John Norum).

I was excited about the reunion with Barden for the last MSG album, but that fizzled out quite rapidly as well...

5. tnvol

tnvol Supporting Member

SITN is one of my favorite records of all time. I kinda like it the way it is. Warts and all.

6. EelEye

EelEye Gold Supporting Member

I saw Schenker a couple years ago on the Barden tour and he was in TOP form. But you never really know when he's going to blow up.

Great player...terrible songwriter. He really needs Moog and Way to help in songwriting. Most of the MSG songs are just pablum. The UFO songs have really stood the test of time.

7. nlopez

nlopez Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Agreed

8. jimw427

jimw427 Supporting Member

I saw UFO back when they first reunited, when they released Walk on Water. Very excited about see them all together, something I though would never happen. On top of that it was a smaller venue, when we waled in there sits Mr. Schenker at a table signing autographs talking with fans as we walked in. They sounded great, other than about 3 soungs off of the newly released Walk on Water everything else came from the early days mostly SITN stuff. Would love to re live that evening..... Jim

9. erksin

erksin Member

I saw shows on that same tour - twice.

The first time, Schenker walked off stage after three songs. God knows why.

Tickets got honored for their return visit so I went again and they absolutely ripped. Mogg was in top form, Raymond and Schenker were locked in, Pete way was a riot. Reminded me of when I first saw them in 1978.

But it just goes to show, that line up has always been volatile and it still hasn't changed.

I love UFO - been a huge fan for what, almost 35 years now. Seeing them in '98 was great but a little sad since Andy Parker was gone. Now way I'd pay to see them without Pete Way participating.

10. EelEye

EelEye Gold Supporting Member

Walk on Water gets my vote for best reunited album ever. I'll never forget picking it up and expecting garbage...and every cut just tore like the old days! Schenker was in top form on that release.

They really captured the "old UFO" vibe with that record (with some modern tweeks). Really a great CD.

Unfortunately, the release they did after WOW pretty much went right into the trash.

11. geddyentwistle

geddyentwistle Member

back to original post

i'd roadtrip to see sitn, regardless of the guitarist... and my bassist probably would too