• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Wish we had more...

sinner

Very good!

As a side note, I remember reading music reviews about other guitarists and it sometimes said "in the Christian tradition" which confused me. Later I finally became aware of Charlie Christian and realized what the heck they were talking about!

I wish there was any FOOTAGE!!!!! I bought a video with advertising worded to make a sucker like me think it WAS actual footage, and it turned out to look like a Ken Burns doc, with panned stills. Errrrr!!!

jimfog

Other than the Goodman sides and Mintons tracks, I believe there are a few stray Lionel Hampton tracks and others. Not sure if some of this cd is the Minton's tracks, but if not, it looks like a good comp:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:kvfixqw0ld0e

My band just added "7 Come 11" as an instrumental set opener........because we finally found a piano player who can cut it. Now if only the damned guitar player will stop screwing up the riff (that fast "inside" string crossing always gits me).

t3oi

Thanks jimfog for that link. I'll have to pick up that CD. It's really too bad there are no videos and a very limited amount of recordings for such a talented player that defined a genre.

Trending Topics